Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple USB-C charger brick are there any for sale or do you have to build your own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple USB-C charger brick are there any for sale or do you have to build your own

I have some what Google it but have not found anything so far

I am looking for more than 2 USB-C out jacks ideally I looking for 4 or more

Also if I am making my own switching power supply brick what type of USB-C device board do I use for this purpose that can you negotiate different voltages like—> [ 5 volts/9 volts/12 volts/15 volts/20 volts ]

Does anyone know a website that I can look at some

Thank
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 03-08-2021, 03:15 PM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: Multiple USB-C charger brick are there any for sale or do you have to build your

usb-c is just a connector standard,
    what your looking for is power delivery or PD3.0

Comment

Re: Multiple USB-C charger brick are there any for sale or do you have to build your

Originally posted by stj View Post
      usb-c is just a connector standard,
      what your looking for is power delivery or PD3.0
      I want to supply the USB output jack so that it power anything from 5 volts and is 20 but I want it to negotiate different voltages like—> [ 5 volts/9 volts/12 volts/15 volts/20 volts ]to do it automatically

Something like this but with more ports than this one

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Anker...B8JY3C0NSJ3N6G
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 03-08-2021, 04:40 PM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

yes, that's called PD3.0

dont get PD2.0 because it's for phones and only goes upto 9v

Comment

Would this work

https://ac-dc.power.com/design-suppo...noswitch3-pro/
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 03-09-2021, 09:11 AM.
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

where is the rest?
            it has a serial connection.

Comment

where is the rest?
              it has a serial connection.
              I posted the website link earlier there several diagrams for this device

I tried twice to upload the diagram but it does not want to come out clear to be able to correctly read it but you can see at the website link that I posted earlier
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 03-09-2021, 05:58 PM.
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

yes, that's called PD3.0

dont get PD2.0 because it's for phones and only goes upto 9v
                Not true, Power Delivery is 100W regardless of the version number, it's just there's no point building and selling chargers and cables for phones to that spec, which is why you don't tend to see them.
                There's better detection, reporting and interaction between device and charger with PD3.

sam_sam_sam. there's a reason you don't find 400W universal USB chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                  Not true, Power Delivery is 100W regardless of the version number, it's just there's no point building and selling chargers and cables for phones to that spec, which is why you don't tend to see them.
                  There's better detection, reporting and interaction between device and charger with PD3.

sam_sam_sam. there's a reason you don't find 400W universal USB chargers.
                  What I am after is a multiple usb c output jack that can negotiate different voltages like—> [ 5 volts/9 volts/12 volts/15 volts/20 volts ]

I would like not have a bunch of wall chargers all over the place
                  But I am having a hard time finding what I am looking for

This was the reason for looking into building one myself but finding the parts might become challenging at best

Unless someone knows where I can find one
                  9 PC LCD Monitor
                  6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                  1 Dell Mother Board
                  15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

i think there are chinese modules with 2 on them.
                    i seem to remember someone on utube reviewing it - it had a buck/boost so you can run it in a car too.

Comment

If you locate a 100W unit Type C adapter, you will be able to have the range you have listed.

These are USB Power delivery contracts. The vendor of the adapter defines the contracts (voltage & amps) for each pair.

Then on your mating widget, you are required to negotiate over the CC1 / CC2 lines using biphase communications to 'dial up' the contract of interest.

There are single chip solutions to allow for your end widget to select the contracts from ST / Cypress and most likely others.

Be aware that the adapter will share the power ratings across their ports. So this means if you want 100W (20V @ 5A) on a single port, then the other onboard ports will NOT be able to support the same output. Often it is a wimpier output due to the above contract.

Respectively, if you wanted 4 * 100W of power for whatever reason, then the adapter box must support 400W of conversion to permit any contract on any of the USB PD3.0 port.

Not aware of such a design yet. We have been tossing this around for a while but openly the market is after low cost solutions and solid products cannot be built for the 'amazon' style of pricing. Once you review the negative posts for each such adapter, the real world reviews will surface.

Also, very important, check for UL / CSA approvals on the adapters - extremely rare if even true. It is illegal to sell such items due to safety reasons yet Amazon is flooded with such listings.

Not our cup of tea for our product designs. The liability of poorly designed products is just too high and are fire hazards.

We are still open to build such a box but as noted, the demand appears to be little to none. A few vendors attempted some slim jim adapters with xx watts and failed miserably on kickstarter and indiegogo.

Comment

"widgets", "contracts"???
                        who writes this marketing bullshit???

Comment

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale....0+module+100w
                          https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001104361776.html

Comment

i think there are chinese modules with 2 on them.
                            i seem to remember someone on utube reviewing it - it had a buck/boost so you can run it in a car too.
                            This made me search for this device a little bit different in the aspect of looking for USB charging controller board

( tear downs videos on YouTube )

that are being used and I found a model ( 45 watt charger ) that has a separate board for the USB C jack and from what I can see while this person is doing this review I was able to get a pretty good look at this module board ( and from what I could see it only has two connections ) and if this is the case then all I would have to do is buy several of and just power them from one power supply

Thank you for pointing in a slightly different direction for what I was looking for

The way I going to use this USB C charger setup is with trigger boards at different voltage at the same time with maybe a current of less than an amp to maybe as low as 200 milliamperes on each trigger board but keep the current below a laptop charger switching power supply

Also while I was looking I also ran across the laptop chargers that are USB C based and can negotiate different voltage as well but you only have one single power output but I also have a use for this as well

Also while I was at it I have found a board that would do what I would like to do however they are back order undetermined availability date so if this company gets them back in stock I will probably buy some and also do it that way as well

I have a Anker USB-PD C charger that I took apart and it has three connections and one of connections goes to multiple ic pin device that ( that is on the main power supply board) I have not so far looked up but this not going to work for how I want to use it

But I going to put it in another case and make it a desktop USB C charger because I really can not stand the wall based USB Charging units

So again thank you for nudge me in a slightly different direction and I ran into some different solutions for this project problems
                            Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 03-11-2021, 10:10 PM.
                            9 PC LCD Monitor
                            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                            1 Dell Mother Board
                            15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
                            X