Haier 65UFC2500 Curved Disassembly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haier 65UFC2500 Curved Disassembly.

Ok, so I've been fixing more tv's lately and it was inevitable that one of these monsters would find its way on to my bench.

Haier 65UFC2500 curved tv needs backlights so the screen has to come off.

The only curved screen i've had the fun of removing was a Samsung that was already cracked so I didnt need ot be delicate, it also kind of sprang to flat once out of the frame.

The haier also seems to have a much simpler (cheaper) screen retaining method as it looks like the bezel is only retained with screws around the parameter.

Has anyone had one of these apart?
    Any tips for a successful screen removal?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Tom.

Re: Haier 65UFC2500 Curved Disassembly.

I've done a few curved Haiers 55". The screen is flat and just pressed into a curved chassis. Just watch out for double sided tape/regular tape on both the panels and panel boards. Good news is I typically only find one bad LED. Backlight can only be turned down in the service menu. Try menu-1-1-4-7 or source-2-5-8-0. May need to set if for all inputs. I remove panels on a carpeted area behind my couch and keep the TV vertical when I separate the panel to minimize handling.
    Last edited by neilc6; 09-14-2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
      I've done a few curved Haiers 55". The screen is flat and just pressed into a curved chassis. Just watch out for double sided tape/regular tape on both the panels and panel boards. Good news is I typically only find one bad LED. Backlight can only be turned down in the service menu. Try menu-1-1-4-7 or source-2-5-8-0. May need to set if for all inputs. I remove panels on a carpeted area behind my couch and keep the TV vertical when I separate the panel to minimize handling.

Thank you so much for the advice and tips. Once i get the burnt ones replaced i'll certainly turn that down a bit.
      Do you keep the screen vertical while its out of the chassis as well?

Thanks again.
      Tom.

Comment

Yes I leave the panel vertical and only flip it down when reassembling. Usually need suction cups to position it once lying flat for large panels.

Comment

Yes I leave the panel vertical and only flip it down when reassembling. Usually need suction cups to position it once lying flat for large panels.
          Thanks again, Once i have another pair of hands around to help i'll give er a shot and see. Fingers crossed. lol

Tom.

Comment

Re: Haier 65UFC2500 Curved Disassembly. LED Request.

Success!
            Got it apart without incident and found the offending led..
            Replaced it with a salvaged led from a different set and, its the wrong colour temperature, bright white vs a cooler blue.
            Sticks out like a sore thumb..

Anyone in Canada have a partial strip with at least working 2 led's on it they would like to sell?

Comment

Thank you again for the disassembly tip, worked a treat. Got a new led in there and life is good.
              Also menu-1-1-4-7 was the ticket, back light was already set to 49 so thats
              all sorted.
              Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X