X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE50EH5300 - bad picture, helping to diagnose for a friend

Originally posted by yohnsee View Post
    Hello everybody.
    I have an update on the case, but not that we were looking for. My friend gave the set away. But before this, he was able to confirm, this display has no side tabs. Only test he could do is isolating the tcon cables, but he didn't have the time for that. So without end, case closed.

Not so fast Yohnsee!

Now I am having exactly the same TV with exactly the same problem. Same as that since I landed on this topic. And without of dislocated friend.

Sadly for me.. no solution here.

Situation:
    - Panel is now open, no side cofs, but also no effect when touching and pressing gate bonds. Seems ok.
    - Image is slightly shaking on a go at specific horizontal areas, upper and lower part of a panel are clear. Its just fuzzy in the center of a panel.
    - LVDS cables (from tcon to panel) have been replaced (from left to right), but no changes, seems those are fine.

Could this issue be a tcon problem?

Comment

Originally posted by ordinaryhandsom View Post
      Not so fast Yohnsee!

Now I am having exactly the same TV with exactly the same problem. Same as that since I landed on this topic. And without of dislocated friend.

Sadly for me.. no solution here.

Situation:
      - Panel is now open, no side cofs, but also no effect when touching and pressing gate bonds. Seems ok.
      - Image is slightly shaking on a go at specific horizontal areas, upper and lower part of a panel are clear. Its just fuzzy in the center of a panel.
      - LVDS cables (from tcon to panel) have been replaced (from left to right), but no changes, seems those are fine.

Could this issue be a tcon problem?
      Sorry to break it down this way, but TCON will never make horizontal problems. As far as my knowledge goes, tcon only can be suspect in such cases where there is a pattern in vertical disfunction.
      Cheers, Janos

Comment

Ironically, Hope youre right because its seems its quite hard to find a TCON for this unit.

I managed to get TV up & running almost perfect after deep cleanup of tcon->panel LVDS cables using WD-40, picture is superb now and double/fuzzy image went gone, just this awkward problem remains..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix8e...ature=youtu.be

Its 100% identical. Like I uploaded it.

Image a the top of the screen is slightly broken and darker, and at the bare bottom there is about 1 inch high missing part from top of the screen with black lines on it.

I would say an mb IC circuit problem. Problem disappears slightly after TV gets its normal temperature from time to time, its trying to repair picture itself by moving it lower but shortly after anomaly gets back. Like on old CRT's.

I shall heat up ICs in a day or so and get back.

story: this morning bought this set for few pounds so Im trying to get it going, but until now never had this issue..

Comment

Originally posted by ordinaryhandsom View Post
          Ironically, Hope youre right because its seems its quite hard to find a TCON for this unit.

I managed to get TV up & running almost perfect after deep cleanup of tcon->panel LVDS cables using WD-40, picture is superb now and double/fuzzy image went gone, just this awkward problem remains..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix8e...ature=youtu.be

Its 100% identical. Like I uploaded it.

Image a the top of the screen is slightly broken and darker, and at the bare bottom there is about 1 inch high missing part from top of the screen with black lines on it.

I would say an mb IC circuit problem. Problem disappears slightly after TV gets its normal temperature from time to time, its trying to repair picture itself by moving it lower but shortly after anomaly gets back. Like on old CRT's.

I shall heat up ICs in a day or so and get back.

story: this morning bought this set for few pounds so Im trying to get it going, but until now never had this issue..
          If you want to put more time into it, go ahead. But this is definitely a screen issue. As it has very little to do with heating up (the expanding tracks still have the right contact inbetween the LCD layers) it is a false hope. My best bet would be to identify the MB, Tcon, backlight, PSU and put them on ebay, to get a few bucks back, maybe make a little profit. This TV doesn't worth the time.
          Cheers, Janos

Comment

Horizontal lines are panel issues. Google for the Sony tcon training manual. If one side displays a clean image, it is repairable with a workaround. If both sides are bad, its not repairable.

Comment

Just to let you know guys, I was simply to busy until this very day.. and today I repaired 2 TVs, plus UE50EH5300W. Its running fine again!

It was repaired using this "technique" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrRhw7-ZII. Just a 2 end pins on right side of a panel were covered with small part of a duct tape and all these catastrophic symptoms are gone.

TV is running few hours now, everything is superb. .

Comment

Working...
              X