Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Bravia KDL-40Z4500 hdmi not working anymore

Hi guys!

I have this old but gold 40" Z4500 Sony Bravia LCD TV that had the first issue with HDMI1 port after a couple of years I bought it (in 2008): I connected a cable from an Xbox 360 to HDMI1 and something went wrong, because from that moment HDMI1 port stopped to work. No audio and black screen appeared.

A couple of weeks ago HDMI2 port also stopped working: I used it connected to my PC with a DVI to HDMI cable. Now, like for HDMI1 port, I have no audio and no video in it. And it's a shame because HDMI2 was the only port to support analog audio in.

Now only lateral HDMI3 port works and I have to use it with a multi HDMI switch.

What can I try to do to fix these issues?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-40Z4500 hdmi not working anymore

Was the XBOX powered on when you plugged in the HDMI cable ?
    Have you checked with a magnifier/microscope for physical damage to the ports ?
    Can we see photos of the mainboard and can you indicate which is the working port.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      Was the XBOX powered on when you plugged in the HDMI cable ?
      Have you checked with a magnifier/microscope for physical damage to the ports ?
      Can we see photos of the mainboard and can you indicate which is the working port.
      I don't remember if Xbox 360 was powered or not, it was a lot of years ago, but I remember that, after that situation, I always turned off tv and external boxes before plugging/unplugging HDMI cables. Then I would say: yes, it was powered.

I've checked ports for physical damages and I've found nothing that makes me believe that the ports are physically broken.

The picture is showing a board like mine: the two ports (HDMI1 and HDMI2) in the red square are not working, the one in green square (HDMI3) is working.

Last edited by DS-1; 09-22-2020, 06:35 AM.

Comment

All three HDMI go to a CXB1444R before going to the processor. It's either that or a component(s) near the "red box" HDMI ports.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
          All three HDMI go to a CXB1444R before going to the processor. It's either that or a component(s) near the "red box" HDMI ports.
          Thanks a lot for the reply!!!

Do you believe that CXB1444R could be damaged, even if one of the three ports works?

Also, I'll try to find what component(s) can be damaged near the "red box".

Comment

Working...
          X