Sharp LC-70LE650U Blinks 1 short and 3 Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-70LE650U Blinks 1 short and 3 Long

The set blink code is 1 short and 3 long. I downloaded the Service manual and that code is not listed. When the set is plugged into AC power the P.S. turns on has 400vdc on filter caps. disconnect PD connector to M.B. P.S. has 169 vdc. Evidently the M.B. sends a on command to P.S.
    I believe that the M.B. DKEYMF953FM06 is the problem. Endcompass has it for excess of 300 bucks, they show it compatible with 31 different sets from 60" to 80" sets. I and not sure of Ebay. I have been burnt by them and one supposedly reputable dealers. Before I spend al lot of money. Does anyone know the meaning of the Code 1 short and 3 long led flashes on the front panel?

Re: Sharp LC-70LE650U Blinks 1 short and 3 Long

3 SLOW Flashes and 1 FAST Flash is Initial communication error on the Main PWB

Comment

I was wondering. The Service Manual show the pulses and descriptions but not the 1 short and 3 long in that order.

Comment

I soldered a jumper across it, with the P.S. to M.B. cable disconnected. the It did not display any test patterns. The VS was 201 the VA was 55 the 15 and 5 vdc were also good. Bad panel I guess. Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltank View Post
          I soldered a jumper across it, with the P.S. to M.B. cable disconnected. the It did not display any test patterns. The VS was 201 the VA was 55 the 15 and 5 vdc were also good. Bad panel I guess. Shame.
          This isnt a Plasma though wheres Vs come from ?
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

For the "heck" of it, disconnect the small lower corner cable (right or left side of the panel) that connects the side boards to the lower boards and see what the results are. IF you are lucky, you may get a picture which then means the panel is bad :-( BUT can be saved as there is a "save process" to get the set back to "normal".

The error code may be misleading as panel issues can have some "unexplained" effects on the system and resulting "expert firmware reporting logic"... :-)

Comment

I have no idea what he is working on.... What is the "it" Vs and Va on an LCD tv... I don't think so
              Last edited by R_J; 07-01-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Post some pictures of your boards and the whole of the rear of the set as attachments.
                Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Knew I couldn't avoid you again, Im out.
                  Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Is this like your tv and problem? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUN40ZJF_Z0 According to this video it was his power supply with the problem.

Comment

I was wondering. The Service Manual show the pulses and descriptions but not the 1 short and 3 long in that order.
                      Japanese almost make it so by diagram ( Pulse ) at end they are same meaning to describe the error code.

the fault not at panel. unless its Brocken .. because of CPU communication blocked. its highly MB issues
                      Last edited by Diah; 07-01-2016, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                        Japanese almost make it so by diagram ( Pulse ) at end they are same meaning to describe the error code.

the fault not at panel. unless its Brocken .. because of CPU communication blocked. its highly MB issues
                        Close but not there, the Mb is shutting down to protect its self. The fault is the panel which is causing the set to go "ohh shit theres a problem better turn off power now if not Im going to set on fire" common issue on this chassis them tabs on the Lcd panel shorting causing issues.

Comment

Sorry about the confusion. I was working on two different sets. One Plasma and a Led LCD tv at same time I screwed up thinking of one and entered it for the wrong set. Sorry guys. My Mistake.

Comment

Sorry about the confusion. I was working on two different sets. One Plasma and a Led LCD tv at same time I screwed up thinking of one and entered it for the wrong set. Sorry guys. My Mistake.
                            Its fine, my post was about someone else here doing my head in.

Comment

Hi all, I have the SHARP AQUOS LC-60LE650U , basically a larger screen, mine had the same issues, 3 long and 1 short. It took me a while, but here is the fix for that flash issue.
                              your 12v regulator has gone open. you can see the fix in my video link.
                              https://youtu.be/jHjBjIaQzXc i hope it helps you guys. feel free to comment.

Comment

@dacflyer, Well done, easy to follow, strange orb effect of camera made me a little dizzy, otherwise all good.
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-12-2019, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone, I have 2 Sharp LC-60LE650U and LC-70LE650U TVs with the same problem 3 slow flashes and one fast one. I measured the output of the regulator and I do not have the 12V, I proceeded to bypass the source to turn it on manually and that way I get the 12V in the regulator so I suspect a defective main board. But additionally I would like to try to turn on the LEDs manually but I have not been able to. The tests I have carried out on both TVs with the same results. Attached photo of the power source. My Power supply model is DPS-167CP REV:01
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lpatety View Post
                                    Hello everyone, I have 2 Sharp LC-60LE650U and LC-70LE650U TVs with the same problem 3 slow flashes and one fast one. I measured the output of the regulator and I do not have the 12V, I proceeded to bypass the source to turn it on manually and that way I get the 12V in the regulator so I suspect a defective main board. But additionally I would like to try to turn on the LEDs manually but I have not been able to. The tests I have carried out on both TVs with the same results. Attached photo of the power source. My Power supply model is DPS-167CP REV:01
                                    I am working a similar issue (3 long 1 short) on a Sharp LC-60C7500U, which uses the main PWB DKEYMF953FM06. I am awaiting a main board based on no panel on command and no green status light - error is also low, which I believe will disable the back lights - not sure on that one. I was curious if you had the green status light on the Main Board on either TV as demonstrated in post 15 YouTube link where the Power Supply was the actual fault?

And, does anyone know for sure what the small green LED on the Main Board indicates - watchdog timer to determine processor status perhaps??

Good luck finding the boards for cheap as they seem to start around $100 and quickly go up. Unfortunately, the TV is only worth about a $100 but I figure any TV with a good panel better to give it life than send it off to the bone yard.

Comment

Originally posted by RDC55 View Post
                                      I am working a similar issue (3 long 1 short) on a Sharp LC-60C7500U, which uses the main PWB DKEYMF953FM06. I am awaiting a main board based on no panel on command and no green status light - error is also low, which I believe will disable the back lights - not sure on that one. I was curious if you had the green status light on the Main Board on either TV as demonstrated in post 15 YouTube link where the Power Supply was the actual fault?

And, does anyone know for sure what the small green LED on the Main Board indicates - watchdog timer to determine processor status perhaps??

Good luck finding the boards for cheap as they seem to start around $100 and quickly go up. Unfortunately, the TV is only worth about a $100 but I figure any TV with a good panel better to give it life than send it off to the bone yard.
                                      I changed the Main, but now I have one long and one short blinks

Comment

Well I finally broke down and got a main board for this one but and as luck would have it there is another problem - a solid blue vertical line. I guess my thought is panel, but does anyone think this might be a connection issue at the gate COF that could be repaired with pressure?

Oh, and the status light on the new board does blink once booted - still not sure just what it is indicating though.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X