Vizio PE65-e1 Diagnosing help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio PE65-e1 Diagnosing help!!

Guys I have a 65" with no power/no standby light - nothing. Im in the midst of testing the boards right now to see which is faulty and looking for the STBY/SB/STNDBY (not sure) on the power board i don't see it anywhere like i expected. I would like to check the standby voltage could someone take a look at these pics and tell me what you think?

ALSO, how do i get the black plastic heat shield thing off of the main board - it has push in tabs but it won't come off?

The green circled connector in the photo is the one that runs back to the main board.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ajsterr4; 09-12-2020, 05:52 PM.

Re: Vizio PE65-e1 Diagnosing help!!

Nvm got the heat sink off, the backside of the main board is a little sticky?? is that normal it feels like flux maybe covers alot of the back of the board. no burns tho.... Also my model and part number for the board 756TXHCB0QK0300 Vizio Main Board, 715G7533-M01-002-005T, (X)XHCB0QK030010X, P65-E1

but i found 715G7533-M01-000-005T will this work?? maybe a different revision?

Comment

+VM on CN9102 should be the standby voltage but possibly +VA as well so measure both with ground on the chassis. Would expect 19V on a Vizio. When the tv is turned on, PS_ON should go high (>2.5V).

Vizio M and P series have BGA issues with the main board. If you have standby voltage, try heating up the main board with a blow dryer before plugging it in and see if it turns on.

Comment

Thanks so much neil, just curious I thought 5v was the standard and you're saying 19v other people said if they seen more than 10v it's a bad power board. I'm a bit confused exactly what should the reading be

Comment

Every manufacturer has their own design and there is no standard since it can be regulated down. The Vizio M series I looked at used a 19V standby. Without a schematic, I'm just educated guessing.
          Last edited by neilc6; 09-12-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Well you were correct the +VM & +VA all read 18.95 volts with the TV plugged in and all the ribbon cables and connectors connected & PS_ON = 4.95 Volts

I threw the board in the oven i'll let you know if i get a picture

before the standby light wouldn't even come on just briefly when you plug it into the wall so i couldn't power the TV on and test i did have it plugged in though... good?
            Last edited by ajsterr4; 09-12-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I baked the board for about 8 mins at 380 and the TV works now... as others have reported. Can I install fans to keep things cooler and expect the board to last or can someone do a BGA board repair? I cant even find the exact board only different revisions within the P65-E1 model.

Update: Lasted maybe 10 mins while i was doing firmware the TV began to die displaying lines and blooming .... can i repair this board?
              Last edited by ajsterr4; 09-12-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

if anyone knows if a main board from the same model P65-E1 will work with another P65-E1 main board but with slightly different revisions.
                Mine is 756XHCB0QK030010X Vizio Main Board, 715G7533-M01-002-005T

and i can find many similar like 756XHCB0QK030020X

Vizio P75-E1 Main Board (X)XHCB0QK011020X 715G7533-M01-000-005T +002

Vizio P65-E1 Main Board 756TXHCB0QK017

Vizio P65-E1 Main Board (715G7533-M01-000-005T) 756TXHCB0QK0100

I seen people mentioning some of the M-series you can use with any serial
                Last edited by ajsterr4; 09-12-2020, 08:43 PM. Reason: add text

Comment

Aj, did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same thing going on

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua25 View Post
                    Aj, did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same thing going on
                    As of today the TV has been working for a few months after I baked the main board twice and re applied new thermal paste to the CPU after. I also mounted a usb fan on the rear of the tv to help exhaust heat inside - from what I gathered these octacore processors can overheat and cause the solder traces on the board to crack.

Comment

I was in disbelief, and I tried it, and it worked! Thanks for posting this. Attached are my in-progress and after shots. I was sure that this wouldn't work, but it did. Total cost $5.00, for the thermal paste.

The 6 power pins were 16v, btw. I wasn't sure if it was correct since I couldn't find a free service manual, but they were exactly 16v and didn't fluctuate at all. I didn't get any value of the ps_on pin, but I had to disconnect the switch to the back of the tv, so maybe that's why.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lapper View Post
                        I was in disbelief, and I tried it, and it worked! Thanks for posting this. Attached are my in-progress and after shots. I was sure that this wouldn't work, but it did. Total cost $5.00, for the thermal paste.
                        I want to add the first time in the oven the TV worked for maybe a few mins but after i baked it a second more careful time and then new paste also i added an exhaust fan on the back USB type helps probably.

So glad to hear the news it works!

Oh and i immediately updated the firmware when the TV finally turned on long enough...
                        Last edited by ajsterr4; 12-28-2020, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Just wondering as I have a P65-C1 same issue. When I tested my standby voltage it was over 40. Then of course when I took the power board off got a nice shock. With that said my main board was replaced under warranty 2018 and tv is dead again so safe to say main board again?
                          How do I go about baking the board (do I need the black shield off) and where does the paste go or is it needed?

Comment

Just wondering as I have a P65-C1 same issue. When I tested my standby voltage it was over 40. Then of course when I took the power board off got a nice shock. With that said my main board was replaced under warranty 2018 and tv is dead again so safe to say main board again?

Comment

What is the first eight digits of your serial number?

Comment

Originally posted by Lapper View Post
                                How's it holding up??

Comment

Working...
                                X