Dell E172fpb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E172fpb

Just repaired one of these e172fpb monitors. Just replaced the 6 trannies and away we went. Bought a repair kit from eBay for around $25... just had the 6 trannies, some solder, some desoldering braid, and the instructions. I'd still say it's worth it, though.

I'll test it as my main display for a week or so, then unload it at a 100% profit
    Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Hi dood, i live in FRANCE and i need some instructions for repair my dell E172fpb, picture on during 1 sec and the power led on/off green. Do you know which components i need? Rgds

Comment

You need four transistors, model 2SC5707, and two transistors model FU9024N

You should be able to pick up a repair kit, as I did, from eBay.
        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Hi! Ladies & Gentlemen ..Pro Brothers,
          Good day =)

my friend LCD minitor was also finally down ... Dell too..
          their experience ... they had a burnt smell when using a time, after that .. black out.

I had check it out that its coming from transformer T751..
          may i know what is the part number on it?

caps I'm gonna replace it

thank you very much =)

Comment

Does anyone have schematics for the power supply / inverter board?
            Gary

Comment

Could anybody tell me if these leads are plugged in the the right way round?

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

you have 4 ccfl lamp connectors there? i believe there is no polarity on ccfl lamp (if someone can please confirm)
                capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Gas tubes are always unipolar, thus i think as long as the conectors fit into the socket, it should be fine.

Comment

Here you are how to connect the 4 CCFL's
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'd love to say that table helps..... but it doesn't.

I haven't re-wired. These connectors are as they came out of the factory. Plus, there's no blue wire. Only Black, pink and white.

Thanks

Comment

Hi, I have a LCD E172FPb.
                        First, The LCD isn't working because I turn on LCD and its not turn on, the ligth of the buttom is orange color and blinking. I test Q740 and Q739 because are o short. I put out two C5707 transistor (Q740 and Q739) on the same output (CN753), the other two transistor be OK. Then, it have same problem (I turn on and 2 seconds later the monitor turn off). . I turn on the LCD a present same effect (Turn On 2 seconds and later turn off). Excuse me, my English is verry bad.

Comment

Check/replace ( PF 751 ) marked ( MS 3A ) in board.

Comment

Sorry, marked (PF 751) in Board, and (MS 3A) in component.

Comment

Here you are how to connect the 4 CCFL's
                              not really relevant for installation...ccfl is unipolar like gonzo says and ac powered
                              capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

if the replacement transistors are of the curved type, what way should they face. is the curved side to face the metallic side of the bad transistors or what?

I went to radioshack, got a 15-pack of some 2N2222 transistors that match closely the requirements of the ones needed. the bottom lights on the monitor flicker on and off. the top bulbs dont light at all. which should i replace first? im thinking the top trannys q759 and q760.

Comment

Allied Electronics is a good source. They have a web page, sell in any quantity, and have reasonable shipping. I just bought 4 EA MJE3055 and 2 EA FU9024N for about $5.35 total.

I'll post back when I get them soldered in, or find a part number for the transformers

Comment

Hello !

I posted a couple of question last year about this pb with the Dell/Benq inverter and there is one more to come:

I replaced the transistors with some BD911 whose Hfe is between 40and 250 at 0.5A. But the original SC5707 have a value between 200 and 560.
                                    Is that a Pb ?
                                    It seems the 3055 has an HfE situated between 20 and 100...
                                    The sc5707 are more expensive too ...

Now I am a total noob in Electronics, but couldnt that be a reason why these get sooo hot ?
                                    My BD 911 get really hot too, and after some time, the monitor turns off...

Comment

If any body would like a circuit of this monitor I have attached a copy of a similar model which if you look closely is exactly the same boards but the casing is different. The one I have is a Diamond LCD. It is complete Manual.
                                      Enjoy
                                      Last edited by Lucky Phill; 03-14-2007, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Phill
                                        If any body would like a circuit of this monitor I have attached a copy of a similar model which if you look closely is exactly the same boards but the casing is different. The one I have is a Diamond LCD. It is complete Manual.
                                        Enjoy
                                        Circuit diagrams would be great, Phill, but I don't seem to be able to find anything 'attached'.

Comment

I am an Electrical Engineering student and purchased this monitor broken because I'm cheap… and well, I'm learning how to design these things. I have curiously been following this thread and finally decided to contribute. Hopefully this may shed some light on thing or two… or possibly confuse some. READ the attached pdf files. I've also included a schematic from a very similar Benq Inverter board... Enjoy
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X