Ltec Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltec Caps

I have a few bad Ltec caps on my board. I did not see them listed in the bad or good cap section. I will be replacing them in any case. Anyone have any experiance with these?

Re: Ltec Caps

Sorry to post in such an old thread, but I've been wondering the same thing myself. I've seen busted Ltec on motherboards. I've also seem some in PSUs which look OK. Does anyone know what they are like. Are they like GSC/G-Luxon (unreliable no matter where they are) or are they more like Teapo (unreliable on motherboards but sometimes OK in power supplies)?
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

LTEC = Luminous Town Electric Company. [China]
      They are bad.
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...042&postcount=2
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

OK. I just replaced a few in a Hipro PSU with Chemi-con KZE and Panny FM. Looks like it wasn't a waste of time then. Oh, and that link doesn't work (404 error).

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...42&postcount=2

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

My Asrock K7VT4A Pro Socket A mobo had about 15 Ltec LZPs, each 1,000uF, 6.3V. The one next to the North Bridge (ran hot even when brand new) and two for the 2.5V DDR memory power bulged, but none of the rest, probably all used for bypass, bulged or developed high ESR. That isn't to say I left any of those in place.

Comment

LTEC, bad caps.....

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ
                LTEC = Luminous Town Electric Company. [China]
                They are bad.
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...042&postcount=2
                Thanks for the confirmation.

I was just working on an Asus A7V400 that used these around the PCI slots.

The board would start up, then immediately throttle back, sounding like it was going to shut down, then recover itself.

I replaced all the ones arounf the PCI slots with Rubycon ZLs that I have around, and the
                problem got much less obvious. It's still there a bit, but I havn;t replaced all the LTECs yet.

I pulled the tall skinny OST 1500uf 6,3v and replaced them with MBZ caps.

So my work is not fully done, especially as the other 1500s are Nichicon HM

This board runs at 52C which I feel is too hot.

Comment

With one exception they seem to live well in PSUs they're in my Antec Earthwatts built by Delta. They used Chemicons on the stressed rails through .

Delta also built the original X-box PSUs where they used them on the secondaries and those things were real hot inside. I believe they were used on the PS2s PSU secondary as well also built by Delta.

I had to fix upwards of 100 of both those units and never a bulged PSU cap.
                  Last edited by Krankshaft; 01-05-2010, 06:34 PM.
                  Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

About the same as Teapo there.

-

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by bigbeark
                      This board runs at 52C which I feel is too hot.
                      That's normal for a Skt. A CPU. My last Skt. A ran at 60C idle and 80C under load. And that was with 6 case fans and a 120mm PSU fan.

Comment

I recently repaired a Delta power supply in a Dell Inspiron computer. I replaced two bulged capacitors. They were Ltec 2200uF 10V 105C electrolytic capacitors. I checked 11 capacitors of which 7 were Ltec. Only two were out of spec. I replaced them all with higher voltage rated capacitors. I reused one 2200uF 10V Ltec in place of a 2200uF 6.3V Ltec because the space allowed would not accommodate the bigger size of the higher voltage new capacitor. In most cases one would replace the whole power supply for less than $100 but a lot of the power supplies below $70 do not have the 4 pin 12V MB connector or amperage specs as the original.

Comment

Dell uses the "Inspiron" name for desktops?

Dell has nickled and dimed its power supply vendors - e.g. Delta and Lite On - to the point that they are using marginal parts in important applications. Delta's rep here, that I've seen, is that they seem to use Ltec parts carefully enough to get decent life out of them. My sample-of-1 experience with Lite On P/Ss is that they get mediocre life from Ltec.

I used to work for Delta in 1998-2001. I respect their quality, and I respect Lite On as well. While Delta and Lite On are building product for Dell with marginal parts, I put a lot of blame on Dell for nickling and diming their vendors so severely.
                          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Ltec is garbage junk caps. if you remove them all and test them they will be way out of spec.

Comment

Originally posted by CapSwapper View Post
                              Ltec is garbage junk caps. if you remove them all and test them they will be way out of spec.
                              Not as likely as "KM" caps.
                              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I hate to respond to an old post but I have to ask ...I have a antec earthwatts green 380d 380 watts all of the amps are distributed evenly on 3.3v 5v and 12v however when I opened it up the the main capacitor is a samxon which is adequate but every single other cap about 15-20 of them are ltec and that has me worried ...should I replace it. Since I'll never use more than 80% of the wattage would those ltec caps last longer its only 380 watts and a delta build but it looks well built so is ltec that bad i n such a low wattage option...
                                Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

How old is the psu and how much use has it seen? 80% of the load will create a lot of heat inside the filtering capacitors. These LTEC caps will fail after 5 years even if the psu never saw higher than 30% of its rated capacity. At the minimum, i would replace the ones on the 12v rail and 5vsb rail. Depending on your revision, there might already be some good caps installed in those sections. Ideally, you should replace them all, oil the sleeve bearing fan, and it will last essentially forever because yes, delta designs very good units

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
                                    How old is the psu and how much use has it seen? 80% of the load will create a lot of heat inside the filtering capacitors. These LTEC caps will fail after 5 years even if the psu never saw higher than 30% of its rated capacity. At the minimum, i would replace the ones on the 12v rail and 5vsb rail. Depending on your revision, there might already be some good caps installed in those sections. Ideally, you should replace them all, oil the sleeve bearing fan, and it will last essentially forever because yes, delta designs very good units
                                    the psu is brand new never used bought it off of ebay (or flea-bay to some) it was removed from antec cases that featured this power supply according to the listing,still you can purchase it at newegg for 30 something dollars so i dont think it's discontinued model..
                                    Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

It should be okay for a while then, but just be careful after a few years if you're going to be stressing the power supply to 80% we'd love to see pictures.

Comment

I recently repaired the same power supply for a noisy fan. I replaced the fan with a new fan with ball bearings. The original fan had sleeve bearings and was sealed to be dust resistant and consequently could not be lubricated. I noticed that the one Ltec 2200uF 10V cap that I reused in a 3.3V location had bulged. I reused it because it measured to spec and was relocated from a 6V location to a 3.3V location where it would be less stressed. It was small enough to fit flush to the PCB where as any higher voltage replacement caps would not fit flush to the board. I replaced it with a 2200uF 35V United Chemicon cap with extended leads. I should have done that in the first place. Ltec caps are doomed to fail so to save yourself from future problems you should replace them even if they measure to spec.

Comment

Working...
                                        X