Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me identify this little bugger (schotty diode?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me identify this little bugger (schotty diode?)

This motherboard does nothing when power button is pressed, and this little bugger appears to be shorted. (0.4ohm between the lower two legs, either way)

Only I cannot find any reference about the exact type. I'm guessing one of these https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...3a27052316.pdf but I'm not knowledgeable enough. Could be way off...

Thanks a lot for any help.
    Attached Files

Re: Help me identify this little bugger (schotty diode?)

The markings are "KL3" written horizontally and "V1" written vertically. The photo is a bit fuzzy but the damn thing is very small (3-4mm I'd say)

Comment

BAT54 duel schottky diode
      30v
      200ma
      200mw

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought as well, the problem is identifying the correct type of BAT54. According to my readings it should be a common cathode B54C, the problem being that I identified another on a working motherboard and it also has continuity between the two anodes...

Comment

maybe the pads are connected to double the current handling.

Comment

Could be, I'll check to see if both anodes track to the same front panel pin or something like that...

Comment

There are zillions of these BAT54 dual diodes in SMD boards of many types. I will guess that it is simpler to use a package that is identical to most of the other parts, to make it easier for the assembly machines. Seems like most of the schematics I see use plenty of these as steering diodes on VFD display boards or system control boards. Did a new part fix the problem?
              Is it plugged in?

Comment

could be a case of 500 single diodes cost 1penny each, 500 dual diodes cost 1penny each,
                but 1000 diodes cost 0.5pence each

so you just buy reels of the dual type.

Comment

Working...
                X