This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey, everyone, just posting my first so I can fully access the forums. Been working in the electronics industry for 20+ years now, and tinkering with homebrew computer stuff for another 10 more.

Comment

Hi, I'm a retired engineer looking to dive in deeper into electronics repair, which Ive done as a hobby over many years.

Comment

Hello Everyone, I'm the new guy here. Ben in Electronics since 1973. Repaired the old analog TVs for years. Worked as an ET for Years and was a Test Development Engineer for 18 years. I have always repaired Guitar amps, tube is my specialty, Synths, FX anything related to Music, Hi=Fi, etc.
        So now getting back into repairing TVs. Looks like a Great Forum . Hope I can contribute!

Comment

I made my first post here but can't post anywhere else on the Forum. So it says that after one post here I should be able to post but can't

Comment

hi every one, i am an electronic hobbyist and a technician with limited knowledge. I found useful information in this form. Keep it up and good luck to every body.

Comment

Name: Noah Taylor

Currently getting a Master's in Civil Engineering at BYU

I'm a lead Tech Support Rep for a software development firm.

Comment

Hi City and Guilds apprentice trained TV, Video, Audio, Microwave engineer then Computer systems Engineer (Big Stuff) Left the industry 1994 and went into film and Television but still try to keep my hand in.

Comment

name Simon Fellows

electronics hobbyist enjoy fixing messing just about anything electrical with some success lol some times have been allowed to dabble fix cnc machine at work. I mainly work on 415v ive found this Forum great help but need more info

Comment

Hello everyone! had to do that

Comment

Just living the dream...and trying to fix a tv.

Comment

Hello,

Have a broken set and love to learn new stuff!

Comment

Hi, i'm a musician from England, always been interested in electronics since I took apart my very dead, beloved cassette tape player when I was about 11, and saw the spellbinding circuit board had 'burnt bits' on it, took it to my uncle Don who used magic to fix it, this hunger to find out why things didn't work has served me well in many bands, but I never ever the time to have anything but general understanding of components. Now I have more time to invest and found this site by total accident, but glad I did, oh, when I think about the vintage valve amps that were thrown away that could have been saved,,,

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Mike and I live in Canada. I have been an electronics technician for over 13 years. I am trying to start my own repair business out of my home since there are no more repair shops in the city I live in.

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Lyndall. I live in Nixa, Missouri, I am a pharmacist and enjoy fixing things. I know very little about TV's, except what I have taught myself. what I do know is how to use a voltage meter and a basic understanding of electronics. I figure if I can rescue a electromechanical pinball machine with over 700 switch relays, then I have a pretty good chance of rescuing my newest project a 46 inch sanyo lcd. After I can post I have some questions like what is a fuse---just kidding,

Comment

Hi guys,
                                Registered to say thanks for all of the helpful info. I am going to be ordering an SC board for my Panasonic Plasma TV that shorted out. tw2005 posted a very thorough explanation of troubleshooting and replacing that board.

My background is wireless (802.11) networking and cabling.
                                Thanks,
                                Ryan

Comment

Michael Kinnaird, 43+ years audio/video bench tech for Pacific Stereo, IAV/Home Entertainment, Tweeter, Etc., and 7 years with GeekSquad. ISF certified calibrator, ISCET cert., Member I.E.E.E
                                  I repair ALL brands of TV, RPTV, FPTV, plus OLD Apple II, IIGS, Mac, iMac's, and Mac Pro monitors and computers.
                                  Michael Kinnaird 43+ years I.E.E.E A/V tech

Comment

Hey everybody!
                                    My name is TC, not TopCat but TC just the same. I am a novice at Cap and Transistor work, but given a soldering iron, I learn quickly. Most of my knowledge is purely by accident, but that does not stop me. I found this forum while looking to repair my portable radio scanner.
                                    Looking forward to learning more, with less accidents!

Comment

Hi,
                                      I'm an electrical engineer in Canada who's pretty big into hobby projects. Currently I'm trying to fix my brother's TVs and looking for a little help.

Comment

Re: New Member - Greetings

Hi, I'm a software programmer but started out in the electronics field 35 years ago.

Built my first computer in 1981. Soldered an expansion board with 300 discrete components and remember finding a broken pin on a ic socket that would test good if you pushed down on the ic pin with the test probe.

Now I'm troubleshooting a Samsung LJ41-05753A X Main Sustain Board from 58" Plasma. The fuse to the 15V power on the board is blown so I'm having a bit of fun pulling parts and testing them one at a time. I have ordered a new board but it would be fun to find the bad part(s) and get the board working again anyway.

Comment

First PC was an XT with no hard drive (dual 360k floppys were the order of the day), little memory and DOS 3.11. To run larger programs you had to use multiple floppy disks. I quickly got sick of this and purchased a 40mb HDD for over $1,000 and life was made easy. These days I have many macs and a pc that I use as a HTPC and a programmer for my Xbee radios. I am now getting into electronics and have a number of projects in mind to make living in our 120yo house easier.

Comment

Working...
                                          X