Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Latitude 3410 - BIOS Repair Request - Corrupt Flash

Hey,

I'm after some help please with a Dell Latitude 3410 laptop I've been looking into.

In order to get my bearings with BIOS/UEFI chip flashing, I first used my CH341A USB flasher to extract the data from both the XMC QH64AHIG and XMC QH128AHIG chips (the larger chip I believe contains the ME data). I desoldered the smaller QH64AHIG chip due to access restrictions as my clip would not fit onto of the chip.

Data from both chips was read via Colibri, as the version of AsProgrammer I normally use (v2.1.0.13) wouldn't recognise either of the chips. I erased the data from both chips and then wrote back to the chips the .bin images I had created.

The purpose of this was to see if I can successfully read, erase and rewrite a BIOS/UEFI image upon a Dell laptop.

Unfortunately the laptop no longer boots once the CMOS battery, battery unit and RAM and replaced. When the mains power pack is reconnected, if the power button is pressed the power indicator turns on for a split second (it will remain on if the power button is held in). No other action from the laptop can be seen.

I have a funny feeling its to do with the way the Colibri application is reading the chip's data but I may be wrong. I've uploaded the contents of both chips .bin images.

If possible, can someone please inspect the .bin images to see if there's any defects which explain my issues? Also, if there's an alternative more reliable application to use for reading/writing/erasing in combination with the CH341A flasher.

May eventual goal was to place the laptop into factory mode.

Cheers
    Attached Files

Re: Dell Latitude 3410 - BIOS Repair Request - Corrupt Flash

Latitude 3410
    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thanks for the reply and file Hoaca388.

Have you got any advise in terms of the application to use in order to flash the chips with?

Cheers

Comment

I had the same issue some time ago but nobody replied.

Comment

Originally posted by CapThatBrass View Post
          Thanks for the reply and file Hoaca388.

Have you got any advise in terms of the application to use in order to flash the chips with?

Cheers
          Try NeoProgrammer ,Colibri ,Flashrom with the CH341A.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-26-2022, 06:58 AM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks SMDFlea, I'll give NeoProgrammer a try

Comment

Hey,

Thanks guys for your responses. I've downloaded the .bin files as well as NeoProgrammer, all seems to have flashed without any issues.

However, when I attempt to boot the laptop there's no response from the unit, with the charging cable plugged in the laptop displays a charging LED but that periodically turns off and back on again, almost as though it begins to charge then simply stops but tries again.

Is there something incorrect with the BIOS images? I made sure both chips were erased (as well as blank checked) before writing to them and then verifying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by UEFIUnited View Post
                Hey,

Thanks guys for your responses. I've downloaded the .bin files as well as NeoProgrammer, all seems to have flashed without any issues.

However, when I attempt to boot the laptop there's no response from the unit, with the charging cable plugged in the laptop displays a charging LED but that periodically turns off and back on again, almost as though it begins to charge then simply stops but tries again.

Is there something incorrect with the BIOS images? I made sure both chips were erased (as well as blank checked) before writing to them and then verifying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
                Maybe ME region is the problem.
                Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hey Hoaca388, thanks for getting back to me.

Does the zipped BIN images you've uploaded in your last message have the correct ME region settings?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by UEFIUnited View Post
                    Hey Hoaca388, thanks for getting back to me.

Does the zipped BIN images you've uploaded in your last message have the correct ME region settings?

Cheers
                    #8 does not interfere with ME region, like your original bios.

Comment

hello everyone i have dell latitude 3410 core I3 i was doing rest for bios password but accidentally the chip was earse i have the copy of the bin file was inside the chip i tray to rewrite it with ch431a but it says disagremnt butween the chip and bin file it syas the chip larger the bine file the chip is XMC QH128AHIC I wounder if anyone here can help me to fix this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ram1969 View Post
                        hello everyone i have dell latitude 3410 core I3 i was doing rest for bios password but accidentally the chip was earse i have the copy of the bin file was inside the chip i tray to rewrite it with ch431a but it says disagremnt butween the chip and bin file it syas the chip larger the bine file the chip is XMC QH128AHIC I wounder if anyone here can help me to fix this problem.
                        Use the software at post #5
                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hello friends, can you help me to repair this file is hanging on the dell logo
                          Attached Files

Comment

Solved

Comment

Working...
                            X