Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo S340-15IWL led on, no display, ram not working

Hi,

I have Lenovo S340-15IWL with LA-H101P motherboard after water damage. Damage was near audio realtek chip (UA1) and input mosfets PQ312 PQ311. I cleaned everything, not soldered realtek yet, but this is not a problem. Bios has clear ME.

Problem is that after power it takes 20mA, after switch clicking it takes 0.6A, led is still on and CPU + GPU is starting. Fan is working for 3 sec. and then it is switching off for some time, then it is switching on once again, I think because of the CPU temperature. I have all voltages on. On thermal camera I saw that onboard RAM is not starting, so I think that might be the problem. Second thougt was that I don't have one element on board, maybe you can help me identify it... I attached photo (it is before I replaced this bad capacitor)

Do anyone know what to do?

This laptop is after some crappy service, so please don't tell me how bad this soldermask looks - I know.
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo S340-15IWL led on, no display, ram not working

The missing element is likely to be a capacitor which you can ignore. What do you mean by "Onboard ram is not starting"?? Measure voltage on ram coil and post here.

Comment

Re: Lenovo S340-15IWL led on, no display, ram not working

RAM coil voltage after start is 1.2V. By not starting I mean that there is no temperature higher on RAM chips after start than before, measured with thermal camera. I know it should be at least 1 sec peak of some higher temperature, should it?

Comment

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 330 Onboard Memory Fail

Please I have Lenovo IdeaPad S340. The onboard memory is damage and given blue screen of death with memory management error. My mother board number is EL5C3/EL531/EL431 LA-H101P. How do I disable the onboard ram and access the extension slot only.

Comment

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 330 Onboard Memory Fail

Originally posted by ewiase View Post
          Please I have Lenovo IdeaPad S340. The onboard memory is damage and given blue screen of death with memory management error. My mother board number is EL5C3/EL531/EL431 LA-H101P. How do I disable the onboard ram and access the extension slot only.
          Desolder

Comment

Working...
          X