Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo EC section won't upgrade or downgrade

Hi all,

I've successfully updated both main and ec sections on hundreds of lenovo boards without issue (and without a battery to hand). Some of them, however, refuse to touch the EC, no matter what I try.

Ordinarily, the following command from an admin dos shell works perfectly to update both main and ec:
    (after extracting the contents of the official bios .exe):

winuptp64 /sp /ipf all /file Rxxxxxx\*.*

The latest problem is with an X270. I can upgrade and downgrade the main bios without issue, but the EC is stuck at 1.17

Looking at this page:
    https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/de/en/p...loads/ds120442

shows the latest bios version is 1.46 (main) and 1.18 (ec) for machine type 20HM (this board)

so running the update command should update the EC to 1.18.

Downgrading to an older version, eg to a version which has an older main *and* an older ec, such as version 1.23, does not complain - the machine boots and it downgrades the main bios first, but then reboots without touching the EC.

I have tried cleaning the ME, followed up with the usual FPT -GRESET command, but the problem persists.

Does anybody know how I can update the EC when such a problem presents? I have encountered this quite a few times now

winuptp64 /sp (I don't have a battery) /ipf ec /file Rxxxxx\*.FL2 does not fix it either, in cases where there are both FL1 and FL2 files.

(please no comments such as "why do you want to change the EC if your machine works?" etc - we have customers who demand this, and sometimes the EC is massively out of date!)

Thanks.
Working...
X