Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook a1398 2015 Wont go into recovery

Hi fellas,

I have his weird issue With Macbook pro 15" 2015, 2,8ghz proc. When you hear chime there is immediaetly Apple logo on the screen and non of the hotkey combinations at boot dont work.... CMD+R, D, ALT, CMD+OPT+P+R.... When its on the charger i can reset smc - Shift+opt+cmd+power, so i suppose the keyboard works... i have also tried with another keyboard connected to the board and its the same. I have tried another hdd with system installed on it ... shows apple logo for about 30s and restarts. Even if i remove the disk... it shows apple logo for 30s,... and then the screen, that there is no disk.

What could it be wrong with it? Is BIOS somehow corrupt? How to fix that? I have the BIOS chip reader from long ago...

Help much appreciated.

Re: Macbook a1398 2015 Wont go into recovery

Is the unit stable without the disk?

Yes, the missing boot media graphic will appear but that is normal. Do you get the reboot loop after this graphic?

If not, the issue is with the contents of the disk media.

Do you care to preserve the contents of the disk?

Suggest to do a fresh install from the internet. Then you will have the compatible and bootable version of the OS for your box.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guid...hl338cf9a8/mac

If you still have a fault after this procedure then post back to investigate the hardware.

At this time, your issues are software related.

Have not had my morning coffee yet...

Remove the keyboard from the logic board and try the external keyboard only first. Does that work?

Do you have a Windows keyboard for testing?

https://www.kingcomputer.com.au/mac-...dows-keyboard/
    Last edited by mon2; 08-13-2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

With disk that has iinstalled os on it, i get reboot look. Without disk... it stays stable.

I can not install OS, because i cant get into recovery... or select usb boot with Option key... non of the hotkey combination work.... Logo comes on immediately after you hear chime... normaly it takes second or two.

Also, if i remove the disk... there is apple logo after chime... i think it shouldnt be.
      Last edited by piernov; 08-13-2022, 08:09 AM. Reason: remove full quote of previous post

Comment

The MAC should boot off a USB MAC OS installer regardless of key combo, unless it has a firmware password. For example, if you have the flashing folder icon, it should revert to the Apple logo and start booting once the USB is inserted and read.

If you have a Chipmunk USB tester, you can use that to see if the USB ports are being interrogated (green light will flash periodically). This tool is well worth the purchase BTW. If you manage to get into recovery menu, you can reset the PRAM via Terminal with "sudo nvram -c"

Failing that, I'd try a new Clean ME bios. Seen similar issues on an Air, and swapping out the bios with a known working donor fixed it.

Comment

Working...
        X