hp 17-cn0013dx BIOS Build ID does not match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp 17-cn0013dx BIOS Build ID does not match

Howdy, I got an HP 17-cn0013dx, serial number 5CG1154ZW4 that will not "see" the hard drive nor an m.2 drive. Both drives show up good in HP diagnostics (F2) but Diskpart.exe will not see them at all either. On my backup (16MB), build ID shows up as 0883C but on HP update two show up, 08840 (16MB) and 0883E (8MB). I only found one BIOS chip on board. I have tried to update BIOS using a USB flash drive but will not update, says BIOS file not found. Perhaps because it is not the correct one? I have also cleaned the ME Region, same errors, won't boot. HP update is sp139182.exe, I think it is not the correct one for my laptop.
    Original BIOS backup posted before cleaning ME region.
    Anyone has this bios?
    Attached Files

Re: hp 17-cn0013dx BIOS Build ID does not match

Originally posted by Mazorca View Post
    Howdy, I got an HP 17-cn0013dx, serial number 5CG1154ZW4 that will not "see" the hard drive nor an m.2 drive. Both drives show up good in HP diagnostics (F2) but Diskpart.exe will not see them at all either. On my backup (16MB), build ID shows up as 0883C but on HP update two show up, 08840 (16MB) and 0883E (8MB). I only found one BIOS chip on board. I have tried to update BIOS using a USB flash drive but will not update, says BIOS file not found. Perhaps because it is not the correct one? I have also cleaned the ME Region, same errors, won't boot. HP update is sp139182.exe, I think it is not the correct one for my laptop.
    Original BIOS backup posted before cleaning ME region.
    Anyone has this bios?
    Try this
    Attached Files

Comment

D 801000 - 80203F

w 887000 - 88703F
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-29-2023, 10:08 AM. Reason: added end offsets
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you imranroni, unfortunately, same symptoms. I will set it aside for later. and thanks SMDFlea, got the DMI region allright, and set the winkey manually. I feel that my BIOS skills are getting a bit better thanks to the forum.
        Last edited by Mazorca; 08-03-2022, 04:00 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Update on this laptop:
          I bought another motherboard, same specifications, (icore3), , and it works....... with the SAME SYMPTOM, no fixed drive detected, nor the m.2 drive. I replaced DDR4 RAM, another new 2.5 SSD, another new m.2 SSD, the HP diagnostics (F2) "sees" them (as old mobo did too) but stops booting with error "inaccessible boot device". I have not worked at all on the BIOS chip from the new mobo. Diskpart does not see any fixed disks either, when run from installation USB, only the installation flash drive.
          Things I have in common from the old mobo: screen, power switch board, battery, keyboard. Everything else is disconnected or was replaced by new/working components.
          Any suggestions?

Comment

Disable Intel RST or add Intel RST driver during installation.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion, I will do so on Monday morning when I have access to the laptop. I do remember seeing that setting on the HP BIOS setup but didn't change anything, only change was for default settings. Again, thanks.

Comment

Update status. Thanks to Piernov, I have fully reinstalled windows to original hard drive and now "see" m.2 NVMe SSD too. File to download is named F6flpy-x64 - VMD, contains two drivers, top one is what I used. You must load this driver during windows installation, and drives will magically appear. This youtube video explains more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyipHq7LUk4

Comment

Re: hp 17-cn0013dx

Hi all
                  this original bios no signal and shotdown
                  iam trying many bios and signal ok but not ditect ssd or m2
                  any help to fix my original bios please
                  Attached Files

Comment

Re: hp 17-cn0013dx

Originally posted by alshalami1970 View Post
                    Hi all
                    this original bios no signal and shotdown
                    iam trying many bios and signal ok but not ditect ssd or m2
                    any help to fix my original bios please
                    Bios is attached at post #2, DMI and Windows Key addresses at post #3, post #6 mentions what you need to do about the SSD. What more do you want?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Re: hp 17-cn0053cl bios help

I have an HP 17-cn0053cl someone will have the bin to be able to flash it
                      Thank you

Comment

Re: hp 17-cn0053cl bios help

Originally posted by Cookie12122802 View Post
                        I have an HP 17-cn0053cl someone will have the bin to be able to flash it
                        Thank you
                        Off topic, different model number.Start your own thread please.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                        X