Cooler Master ATC-S + Some other CoolerMaster Case - 2-fer in 1 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooler Master ATC-S + Some other CoolerMaster Case - 2-fer in 1 Thread

This is a Coolermaster case double-header.... The reason this one didn't get added to my 'misc build' thread is becasue the Cooler Master ATC-S aluminum case....That case is a class-act way above & beyond anything in that thread! However, we have to get through a mediocre build to get to the treasure!

...but here's the two Cooler Master cases in question; both of which were drop-offs for recycling.... The one on the left, I'm not really sure what model it is. It's nothing overly special, but it is well-made. The one on the right is an ATC-S solid aluminum, best I can determine it was made in the early 2000's.

This is the uATX setup in the black CM case; Phenom 920 @ 2.8GHz w/ 8gb DDR2. I'm pulling this core setup and packing it away for now, I have no plans for it other than it being uATX I can put it in a smaller case.

The core in the ATC-S is an Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3; full ATX board with an Athlon II @ 2.8GHz 8gb DDR3.

Lets get to it here.....I won't dwell on the small details for this first build, it's nothing to get too overly excited about.... Case stripped out.

I forgot what board this is, but it's not being used in this thread....so say goodnight, whatever you are...

A 460w Powerman PSU pulled from the bin for use in build # 1.

The reason? Easy. This case had a Delta 750w freight train PSU in it, I'm pulling that for use in the ATC-S.

Now to start dismantling the ATC-S, this is one of the few cases made past the turn of the century that has a motherboard drawer that's removable. Enlight cases and a few others of the 90's were known for this, but it went by the wayside long ago, save for a very few higher-end gaming cases I've came across.

Momaka's favorite PSU; visiontek 500W!! I have a few PSU's here I need to autopsy, this is one! I promise I'll get around to it!!

What's wrong with this picture?

Impressively well made!

The tray.....

...and the board for build # 1...

The Delta PSU installed in the ATC-S. Perfect fit in the elongated PSU cage in the case.

...and this case buttoned up for now....

Now to assemble this turd.....err, I mean nice system! Yea, it's still usable! I gave it a decent cleaning up....it was dusty.

Yea, you know the drill...

Ok, not terrible.

I tossed Win7 on it, it's actually COA'd for 7 Pro.

...and done! I even played on it a little...but I'll try to rehome this.....

This cleared the path for Build # 2, which honestly I have no idea what it'll be. Researching this case has it made circa 2004 (give or take a year), this design is simply timeless....I think I want to do something more modern in it..........I just don't know what yet....I'll know when it when I see it....but there's no way this case would meet my crusher and then be sent to the recycler as long as I have something to say about it!!
    Attached Files
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Re: Cooler Master ATC-S + Some other CoolerMaster Case - 2-fer in 1 Thread

Maybe it's me, but that Visiontek doesn't look very gutless. If the caps are BH brand, then it's likely made by the same company that makes Delux units here in Romania, except they obviously decked it out with better sillicon very likely, and good transformers, from what I can peek under the fan.
    Main rig:
    Gigabyte B75M-D3H
    Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
    16GB DDR3-1600
    Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
    FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
    120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
    Delux MG760 case

Comment

A $7 ebay score (yea, seriously)....auction ended early in hte morning on Memorial day; nobody bid against me!!

Asus P6X58-E WS LGA1366 workstation board supporting Westmere's, ECC, and something else fun; a 3-way SLI....

Yea yea I know.....who SLI's anymore......but I've never done a 3-way (with GPU's anyway)...I don't do much with multiple GPU's....but there's a few 2-ways in my collection....and soon to be a one & only 3 way. 3-way looked to be quite short lived, very few boards supported it and very few GPU's...
      Attached Files
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

A little testing.....

I haven't had much time for these kinds of toys lately....but it's not been forgotten!
        Attached Files
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

do an old 3dmark and see what you get for triple-sli, dual-sli, and single
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
            do an old 3dmark and see what you get for triple-sli, dual-sli, and single
            Will do. I don't expect anything huge really...just a fun way to waste time & tinker with pretty worthless hardware....and I know how much you love SLI...
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              Will do. I don't expect anything huge really...just a fun way to waste time & tinker with pretty worthless hardware....and I know how much you love SLI...
              At one time I did, like a decade ago
              Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
              ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Build # 1 from this thread sold last Friday...
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Working...
                X