1000gb Seagate hdd help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000gb Seagate hdd help

Hi guys i took out a 1000gb Seagate hdd from a Camara Video recorder and i connected it to my computer and booted up PC and still have the other installed win 10 hdd showing. Isn't that strange?means Desktop is running on a virtual HDD ,not on the connected HDD.?

Re: 1000gb Seagate hdd help

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
    Hi guys i took out a 1000gb Seagate hdd from a Camara Video recorder and i connected it to my computer and booted up PC and still have the other installed win 10 hdd showing. Isn't that strange?means Desktop is running on a virtual HDD ,not on the connected HDD.?

Check Disk Management and you'll probably see it.
    More than likely, it's an Ext2/3/4 filesystem that Windows doesn't recognize. Install Ext2Fsd and use that to mount the filesystem on the drive.

WARNING: It's going to be mounted as an Ext2 filesystem (yes, you can mount an Ext3/4 filesystem as Ext2), which disables filesystem journaling. I advise mounting it read-only within the Ext2Fsd software.
    Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
    RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
    Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
    - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
    - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
    - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
    - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

Re: 1000gb Seagate hdd help

some dvr appliances use the udf filesystem meant for optical media like cd/dvds/blurays on their internal hard drives which they record to. if u still dont see any files, its probably a filesystem windows doesnt recognise or doesnt expect to be on a hard drive.

Comment

Working...
      X