Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

Hmm, maybe he just flashed the software? That would make for an easy repair. He's probably got access to official Sony tools to do so.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

In my case, the two blink fail goes away every 2-3 months having the set unplugged, so for now I have to wait a couple of months for next try, then it worked for a couple of days or so, and then fails again...I have the sony remote so I will be able to try the hard reset and clear for alarms...maybe that is the trick. The drawbak is that I dont know where the charge is, but I'm sure ir disappear after some time. And if you do not have a sony remote I guess you can use any all4one coded for this. Again the remote works with this display...

Comment

The thing i don't understand is if it is software why does it work to begin with and then just stop working? And the bigger question is what in the world could be wrong that makes it take so long without power to start working again?

With this information it makes it seem like the only possible solution is that the mfg coded a time bomb into the display. Seeing as how they stop working within warranty though I doubt that is the case :P

I would also like to figure this one out as I had mine fail once already under warranty, and I'm waiting for the second time now that I'm out of warranty. Although I'd like to pretend that they actually *fixed* the problem rather than patch it long enough to get me out of warranty. But hey, we all know that world doesn't really exist right?

Comment

that happend to me three times and going for the fourth now, and I'm looking for some kind of permanent fix, sharing my experience with this devil's display. I bought this in best buy miami last july and get it to argentina....so the warranty is over for me, the international warranty in my country simply does NOT work as expected.
          Unfortunately I dont have the big answer, and if I do, I would be pretty close to the final solution...since it seems to be a software issue, who knows?

Comment

Based on all I've read from the group and what I'm seeing with the one I have in my possession , a good start would be to clone the eeprom chip and re-program to another manufacturer's ic. I could be wrong but, my instinct tells me there is a problem with the eeprom ic itself. Unfortuanately, I can't get my hands on a schematic to prove it. Been going over the board when I have time but so far, no cigar. I also do not yet own a programmer to conduct the tests. These boards are made in China so it's not out of the realm to have a bad component that reaches a soft state.
            Last edited by richpart; 06-06-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Ill check it out I have a blackcat and some other toys
              U4 is a mxic 25l6406e

Comment

My IC has the same exact number match. Just got a full time job so I can buy more toys soon lol.

Thus far, I've reflowed the balled ICs and , replaced regulators with no change.
                Last edited by richpart; 06-06-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Im searching for my blackcat and clip
                  Havnt used it in months

Comment

Those of you who have working monitors that haven't failed should check your eeprom numbers for comparison purposes. There may have been parts supply issues that forced Sony to change eeproms during production runs. Just a thought.

Comment

Attaching eeprom datasheet.

I knew something was similar to the Vizio problem. Reference https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=19666&page=4

Same eeprom numbers going bad in the Vizio sets.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by richpart; 06-07-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

The EEPROM itself doesn't fail -- just the contents get corrupted.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Either way, if you don't possess a programmer, got to get it from somewhere so no matter how you say potatoe, we still need a replacement lol.

Also; why is this particular eeprom so easily corruptable?

I'm on the phone with Sony now. They refuse to provide a bin file for reload and claim they don't have one but will gladly fix the product for a nominal fee of couse. No wonder they get sued so often.
                          Last edited by richpart; 06-07-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Just checked the usb port, doesn't even light the indicator on my travel drive. That port is dead also.

Comment

Bad software design will lead to corruption. Even worse software design will not cope with corruption if it occurs.

The port is probably dead because the main processor will be what turns it on.

Comment

Cant find the blackcat but found the teensy ++
                                Ill update later

Comment

I have a warranty replaced monitor. Ill check the EEPROM when I get home to see if it has a different number on it. Also, does anybody else find it strange that the guy on eBay that fixes these has the EEPROM chip marked with a marker? Or are all of your boards like that?

I also have tons of programmers. If you guys really think this could be it I can see about getting the EEPROM off of my set. I would love to help provide a fix.

Comment

The EEPROM on my board does not have the white mark as the one pictured on the eBay ad for the repair service. It only has the small red mark to highlight the pin 1 dimple (Same as the mark on the IC near the USB port)

I'd also like to give a big thanks to those who are contributing to this thread . Having a community-sourced fix for this issue would be great!

Comment

Mine also only has a red dot for pin one so it's fairly obvious that the Ebay poster doesn't want to give a clue to his fix.

As a repair guy, I half understand that but, it's also another issue when this stuff ends up in landfills because folks have jobs in engineering that truly don't deserve them either.

Comment

tom66, we think alike apparently but in my mind, the wheels are always turning lol. Your computer motherboard has a bios chip to kick off the boot process, these eeproms are basically the same thing.

Comment

Sometimes.

An EEPROM usually stores config settings. Corrupt CMOS memory (also EEPROM technology) can cause problems on a desktop PC too.

A flash memory usually stores the system firmware for the TV's user interface, picture processing, etc.

But they look very alike and you can only really tell which is which by looking up the part #.

Comment

Working...
                                          X