Lg 37LG6000 lcd tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lg 37LG6000 lcd tv

I do have a hot air gun [not really designed for this type of work], but even so, finding a replacement chip could be tricky. I've just been looking for it online, and can't see any suppliers at the moment.

I repeated the above test with the ice cold bolt, and the set fired up again, so I'm reasonably sure that IC404 is the problem.

Thanks to steviewonder for the tip.

Comment

For reference and thread searching, IC404 is a Hynix Nand flash memory chip p/n HY27US08121B.

Comment

Unfortunately such a device will have an LG program on it, for the TV firmware. Replacing the chip will do nothing. Are you sure it is not that ST chip next to the NAND? It would be odd for NAND to fail like that.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I don't think there's a problem with the ST chip as that remained at the same temperature while testing. From what I can make out, there's a possibility that high temperatures cause the NAND chips to fail.

Good point about the firmware. I don't have the equipment for programming the chip, so I really need a replacement board, I think.

Comment

It is rare for that failure to happen, if anything, it is more likely board flex or overheating of the ST main processor. Not saying it's impossible just unexpected and I've never seen it but I have seen many failed BGA processors.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by oddbodd View Post
              I don't think there's a problem with the ST chip as that remained at the same temperature while testing.
              It is very close to the Nand chip and many traces. Perhaps the Ice Bolt
              cooled that also by conduction.

It is looking like a new board whatever but perhaps you could try a cold bolt on the ST and a warmed bolt on the nand. and vica versa
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Good idea. I might just try that, before [and if] I replace the board.

Comment

After a lot of searching, it seemed to me that the mainboards on the 32/37/42/47 inch LG6000 models were the same part number.

I managed to find a cheap one from a 32in model on ebay. However, it's just arrived, and it appears that the 32in one has one small difference. Socket P501 has less connectors than the 37/42/47 inch versions.

Pic of the 2 boards below. Spot the difference...

So, I have a set of 5 boards for the 32LG6000, which are no good to me, and will probably end up back on ebay. I might well ebay the TV as well, as I could do with it out of the way, now.
                  Attached Files

Comment

32LG6000 is probably 720p whereas the others are 1080p, hence connector difference.

Comment

I have a old TV model 42LG6000 model. similer longer to turn on, power light shows red, turning to white, black screen after 5 min showing full screen color horizontal lines. Attaching a photo. I already replaced the LC37WU/LC420WU/LC470WU T-con logical board. Unfortunately, the problem still reaming. If you could help me which parts need to replace.
                      thanks a lot
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, this is the most common problem in this TV model. The problem is the two smd capacitors 100uf in the board between the t-con and signal board (C403 & C398). The capacitors are both in the bottom right of the board. Just replace these capacitors and the problem is solved. Do not buy this board in second hand because this problem is very common and the second hand board will fail after some time (the original capacitors of this board are very bad). {found it on internet was posted by DiogoADR i fixed mine that way same syptoms,hopefully someone else will find it usefull although its very old post}

Comment

Working...
                        X