LG 42LG6000 - Weird display when connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LG6000 - Weird display when connected

This is a weird one. When scart cable is not plugged in, the picture shows. When scart is plugged in, no display but sound. Im thinking tcon.

Previously, customer talked about tv not turning on. Took a look inside and all caps on the right were burst. Some with 10v and 16v Ive replaced with 25v and 35v. All of which were 1500uf. I assume voltage would not be an issue?

Attached Files
    Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Re: LG 42LG6000 - Weird display when connected

Test any Tcon voltages ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Yes. 11v above main fuse on tcon.
      Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Comment

Ok have you a scope to measure the Lvds signals from the Mb ?
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
          Ok have you a scope to measure the Lvds signals from the Mb ?
          No scope in this shop Im afraid. Any other method with a MM?

Comment

Hi, this is the most common problem in this TV model. The problem is the two smd capacitors 100uf in the board between the t-con and signal board (C403 & C398). The capacitors are both in the bottom right of the board. Just replace these capacitors and the problem is solved. Do not buy this board in second hand because this problem is very common and the second hand board will fail after some time (the original capacitors of this board are very bad). {found it on internet was posted by DiogoADR i fixed mine that way same syptoms,hopefully someone else will find it usefull although its very old post}

Comment

Working...
            X