Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung F8500 Power Supply Repair Service Recommendations in Oklahoma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung F8500 Power Supply Repair Service Recommendations in Oklahoma?

I'm looking for someone to overhaul my power supply for my Samsung F8500 plasma, in Oklahoma would be awesome but I know it's a long shot. I'm tiered of going thru replacements every year because of the crappy/under-rated components Samsung used. Was wanting someone to repopulate all the caps, fets, and anything else needed with better components. I have 2 dead boards to work with. I ordered a fan and controller that I'm going to put in the TV to try and exhaust some of the hot air from the set also.

If anyone is interested or can recommend someone I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks! Steve
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-28-2020, 04:02 PM.

Re: Samsung F8500 Power Supply Repair Service Recommendations in Oklahoma?

No local trusted repair shops nearby?

Comment

No sir, not that are listed and will work on boards.

Comment

What F8500 do you have? The parts used in the 51" 60" and 64" are all a bit different.
        If you are looking for a repair or preventative repairs, we aren't in Oklahoma but we are very familiar with these boards and have people all over the world mail in their parts.

Comment

It's a PN51. I've got 2 bad PS boards with different problems so looking for both repair and preventative. I just want it done right once and for all. I've tried mail in repair services before and haven't been thrilled with them. I thought maybe if I could talk face to face with the person doing the work I could get better work rather than just being a address in a pile of them. I know sh*t happens, boards go bad and the heat in a plasma can't help, but a year or two max out of a board isn't working for me. Maybe my new exhaust fan and surge protector will help.... If I call up Nick's tomorrow can I talk to you about it? Thanks, Steve

Comment

Steve,
            A fan always helps, the cooling on plasma sets is almost non existent. As for contacting me, we have a bit too big of an operation for me to get on the phones, but if you want to shoot me an email at support@nickstvs.com I generally pick up the harder questions and can contact you from there.
            But if you have a good soldering iron, some leaded solder with a rosin core and an hour of time, you can do what I would do fairly easily. If the boards already work and all you need is to reinforce the joints, always hit the transistors and diodes on all the heatsinks, transformers, anything near the heatsinks or share a pad with other components on heatsinks. Those are the big ones. If you don't want to hit all the through hole legs with solder, at least do the ones near the top of the board. Heat rises and we tend to see more cracked joints near the top portion of the board for these as well as other power supply boards (this is usually for plasmas).*

Comment

I'll shot ya an email and see if you have time to answer a couple quick questions for me. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X