Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

820-00165 no power, 08-80ma, PM_SLP_S4_L is pulsing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

820-00165 no power, 08-80ma, PM_SLP_S4_L is pulsing.

First is i got this A1466 13” MacBook Air 2017 no power with power draw of 08-80ma. PM_SLP_S4_L is pulsing, If i remove R8111 and PM_SLP_S4_L comes back. no short on RAM power supply then i somehow maybe shorted the U5460 while probing removing the R7450 then i replace it from a donor i still get the pulsing PM_SLP_S4_L. then i tried to Flash a Working BIOS then boom it turned on so assemble it back then Stress test like heaven benchmark then turned on and off restart like basic testing it all passed then i just set aside for like 3 days then after that i checked it again boom its back to its problem again same power draw and pulsing. what did i do wrong?? bios again is corrupted?? i did nothing while its in the shelves??

Re: 820-00165 no power, 08-80ma, PM_SLP_S4_L is pulsing.

Had this problem with this board many times, change bios chip, they are very prone to failure.
    I don't provide help for people using CH341A and a clip.

Comment

Check for corrosion on the JTAG connector (J6100), that's a more likely cause. Also check termination resistors for corrosion etc around U6100 and the connecting resistors to the CPU (around middle of the board under the RAM). Can't say I've ever had a SPI BIOS chip go bad on these.

Comment

HI!
        I also had many voltages pulsing, isolated many of them. It didn't have water problems.
        After reading many posts in many forums, i also read about bad bios and the possible symptom that the voltage is pulsing every 2sec. when i'm going to check the bios IC to replace with another, i saw a very tiny IC (U6101) right before the Bios IC that had debris all around it like it has taken water spill only in its body. I had to remove it, clean the board and decontaminated the IC pins with flux. After resoldered the board came back to life.
        Thanks Everyone!

Comment

Working...
        X