Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung PS-42D4S plasma. Has sound, no picture. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PS-42D4S plasma. Has sound, no picture. Please help! - FIXED!

FIXED!!! :-) After replacing ML 4824 I got normal Vs and other missing voltages. TV works great, picture is fine! I really love this TV.

So, it was ML4824 after all - my first suspect! Actually, if they had IP version of IC in the local shop, I would replace it 4 weeks ago even before posting here. I'm little bit worried because I used CP version of IC as it has lower temperature range than IP, but I hope it will work for next few years...

I got following voltages:

Vs = 176V
    Ve = 166,2V
    Vset = 165,5V
    Va = 70,1V
    Vsc = -70.1V

Thank you for your help!

Cheers!

S

PS. now when I'm thinking of possible causes for this faliure, I must say I started to watch some lame Bruce Willis SF movie the night before TV died. Movie is so lame that I quit watching 15 minutes after beginning and go to sleep. Next day TV was dead. So, it must be this stupid movie! Ha?
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Samsung PS-42D4S plasma. Has sound, no picture. Please help!

Awesome!

Comment

Ww fair play !! Very welldone to you
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I followed the post thread until the end and based on this thread I replaced the ML4824 IC1 and IR2109 IC30, but still no luck.

Below you can see the reading from my TV:

VA = 70V OK
          Vscan = -70V OK
          VS = 8,57V Wrong (175V written on board)
          VE = 4,49V Wrong (165V written on board)
          Vset = 3,66V Wrong (165V written on board)
          VG = 15V OK
          VT = 33V OK

A6V = 6.11V OK
          A12V = 12.94V OK
          D3.3V = 3.25V OK
          D5V = 5.18V OK
          D6V = 6.16V OK
          D12V = 12.94V OK
          STD5V = 5.1V OK

B+_PFC = 400V measured between Q8S and Q6D

Stand-by VS_ON = 0.4V OK
          ON VS_ON = 0.09V Wrong
          Stand-by PS_ON = 3.3V OK
          ON PS_ON = 0.25V OK

ML4824 when ON
          PIN 1 = 3,67V | PIN 16 = 1,9V
          PIN 2 = 1,27V | PIN 15 = 2,5V
          PIN 3 = 0V | PIN 14 = 7,56V
          PIN 4 = 3,62V | PIN 13 = 13,46V
          PIN 5 = 0V | PIN 12 = 0.9V
          PIN 6 = 7.56V | PIN 11 = 0.2V
          PIN 7 = 2,62V | PIN 10 = GND
          PIN 8 = 2V | PIN 9 =

Based on Power Supply schematics VS_ON is coming from another board under the the main board(where the plugs are located), named LOGIC board, as you can see in the attached file(Exploded View & Part List.pdf).

Can someone help me?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by protektwar View Post

I followed the post thread until the end and based on this thread I replaced the ML4824 IC1 and IR2109 IC30, but still no luck.

Based on Power Supply schematics VS_ON is coming from another board under the the main board(where the plugs are located), named LOGIC board, as you can see in the attached file(Exploded View & Part List.pdf).

Can someone help me?

Did you manage to repair it?

Regards,

Suad

Comment

Hi, will I be of any help here....? I was brought this TV board because I could solder and de solder and there was bulging capacitors on the power board. Exactly the same model, Samsung Board; BN96-01217A Model Name:V3V Rev: 1.1.
              So after browsing through this thread and downloading all info pics etc, trying to find out where I should place the new capacitors I thought perhaps smarter electronics repairs guys could perhaps figure out other problems concerning this TV board by showing you which capacitors I removed from the board and showing you the replacement capacitors I bought.
              This began 8 years ago and I am now not sure where each of the three different (4 in total) capacitors should be soldered onto the board.
              Pictures Attached

EDITED: also hoping someone can tell where to solder the capacitor replacements I bout about 6 years ago (lol) so maybe I can sell a repaired power and working power board. I will be trying to work out the correct positions on the board for the capacitors I bought.
              I do not do much of this kind of repair work I am more a computer repair guy, but I am still learning little by little electronics repairs.
              Thank you
              Attached Files
              Last edited by nickBcap; 04-04-2019, 09:43 PM. Reason: adding info to help

Comment

I am ok with the two larger capacitors, it is the two smaller capacitor placement positions I need help with.

Comment

C310 = 1500µf/10v
                  C314 = 1500µf/10v
                  C104 = 100µf/35v
                  C33 = 1µ/50v

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X