Dell la-9832p no charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell la-9832p no charging

hi friends, I have a problem with a dell mobo with the code LA-9832P, this mobo can't charge I measured the voltage on the 0v battery pin

this is the result of measuring ic bq24717
    ACN = 19.6V
    ACP = 22.4V
    CMSRC=22.3V
    ACDRV=28V
    ACOK=2.5V
    ACDET=2.8V
    SRN=15V
    SRP=15V
    REGN=6V
    VCC=21.2V

I hope someone here can help me
    Attached Files

Re: Dell la-9832p no charging

Hi. A few comments:

1) adapter voltage is higher than usual. Should be ~19v.

Are you using the official power adapter for this logic board?

2) battery leg is with a good voltage since SRN and SRP are at 15V. Double check your battery contacts. Remove all power and check the resistance from the SRN pin to the battery connector. Should be ~0 ohms.

3) does the pc work ok other than the battery charging?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Hi. A few comments:

1) adapter voltage is higher than usual. Should be ~19v.

Are you using the official power adapter for this logic board?

2) battery leg is with a good voltage since SRN and SRP are at 15V. Double check your battery contacts. Remove all power and check the resistance from the SRN pin to the battery connector. Should be ~0 ohms.

3) does the pc work ok other than the battery charging?
      2) For the measurement of srn&srp it is not read in all ohm modes, sir, and does not show 0 ohms
      3) this laptop works fine except the charger sir

I followed the path of the battery pin connected to the power selector ic sir, what ic is this, and for what?

Comment

Test with known working genuine charger of correct wattage and check your multimeter. Voltages does look indeed to high like mentioned before.
        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
          Test with known working genuine charger of correct wattage and check your multimeter. Voltages does look indeed to high like mentioned before.
          i have tested it with dell original charger, but still no change sir

Comment

In your first post, you measured 15v on srn/srp pins. The same 15v should be reaching the battery connector unless the contact or pcb trace is broken.

The 15v is a good charging voltage rail but at the same time, the battery connector is at 0volts? Confirm it.

Remove all power. Measure the resistance from srn to the battery connector. The readings should be 0 ohms. Confirm it again. Maybe some liquid damage in this area? Can you share clear pics of this part of the logic board?

Comment

The reading seems incorrect to me. How ACN/ACP voltage can differ by such huge margin. ACDRV at 28V is too high. I think you need to replace the battery of your DMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yosua View Post
                hi friends, I have a problem with a dell mobo with the code LA-9832P, this mobo can't charge I measured the voltage on the 0v battery pin

this is the result of measuring ic bq24717
                ACN = 19.6V
                ACP = 22.4V
                CMSRC=22.3V
                ACDRV=28V
                ACOK=2.5V
                ACDET=2.8V
                SRN=15V
                SRP=15V
                REGN=6V
                VCC=21.2V

I hope someone here can help me
                Since this is a Dell motherboard, first of all connect the display and check if adapter type is ok ,if it shows unknown then PS_ID line is faulty, check for any burnt diode, this is a common fault on the PS_ID line, solve on fault yesterday by removing the burnt diode.

Comment

ACP= 19.6v
                  ACN = 22.4v ?

There should only be a 0.1v drop between then, check the CLR in ohms mode if it ok.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                    In your first post, you measured 15v on srn/srp pins. The same 15v should be reaching the battery connector unless the contact or pcb trace is broken.

The 15v is a good charging voltage rail but at the same time, the battery connector is at 0volts? Confirm it.

Remove all power. Measure the resistance from srn to the battery connector. The readings should be 0 ohms. Confirm it again. Maybe some liquid damage in this area? Can you share clear pics of this part of the logic board?

tapi memang pin srn dan srp tidak mengarah ke soket batrai pak, karena aku melihat skemanya
                    but indeed the srn and srp pins don't lead to the battery socket, sir, because I saw the schematic

Comment

Working...
                    X