Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify diode

Hello guys,

I have an element that is most probably a diode or Schottky barrier.
    Can you recognise this and suggest me an alternative element to use. This element is on the 12V power line in monitor.

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Askic; 03-14-2021, 02:32 PM.

Re: Identify diode

Looks like Schottky diode. But I cant recognize the marking.
    Last edited by televizora; 03-14-2021, 03:34 PM.
    Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
    1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

The logo is not one of the classic companies, probably some random Asian one.

Possibly it's an SMD version of the SB5100? (5A, 100v Schottky)

Is it just in-line with the power supply for reverse protection?
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

This diode is in serial with input power supply.
        I found this: https://id.aliexpress.com/item/1005002238622939.html
        I still need to figure out whether this 322C has special meaning. Input power is 12V, so 100V schottky seems too large.

Comment

322C is probably the date code given that 5100B matches a diode that does exist, and one of those SB5100s would make sense given its use in circuit.

100v is just the maximum reverse voltage, it won't hurt anything in that it's higher than 12v. It probably doesn't *need* to be that high but it won't matter if it is.

Now I ask the question, what is the real problem with the monitor?
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

So, it corresponds to barrel type 5A shottky diode, just this one is chineese and smd.
            I found the datasheet for 5A barrel type 5100-b, but was not sure whether the smd corresponds, or its just random chineese marking
            Last edited by televizora; 03-15-2021, 12:48 AM.
            Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
            1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
              Now I ask the question, what is the real problem with the monitor?
              Don't really know, no signs of life. Monitor is HP 23xi. Found this diode open circuit in series with 12V power input. Put regular diode to test further and after that this diode and the transistor behind it started to getting very hot. On the transistor is written APM1110N Q0706. It is most likely short circuit somewhere on the board. It is evident on the PCB that a lot of heat dissipated here.
              Attached Files

Comment

schottky needs to be a good 10x the running voltage,
                they are very easy to destroy with spikes.

Comment

I found the same board that has a BSCD510 in that same location. 100v 5amp Schottky Barrier Diode
                  Are you using diode test or just regular resistance scale on your meter to check it?

You might be able to replace the whole board for less money than repairing it.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by R_J; 03-15-2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                    schottky needs to be a good 10x the running voltage,
                    they are very easy to destroy with spikes.
                    Even if not used as a rectifier?
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Askic View Post
                      Don't really know, no signs of life. Monitor is HP 23xi. Found this diode open circuit in series with 12V power input. Put regular diode to test further and after that this diode and the transistor behind it started to getting very hot. On the transistor is written APM1110N Q0706. It is most likely short circuit somewhere on the board. It is evident on the PCB that a lot of heat dissipated here.
                      Looks like the switching MOSFET for the LED backlight driver. Driven from pin 26 of that EUP2589. Pretty weird though that the silkscreen for that MOSFET reads the pin labels like a linear regulator!

Anyway, the EUP2589 claims to have short circuit protection so perhaps either the MOSFET failed or the controller is bad.
                      -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Askic View Post
                        This diode is in serial with input power supply.
                        I found this: https://id.aliexpress.com/item/1005002238622939.html
                        I still need to figure out whether this 322C has special meaning. Input power is 12V, so 100V schottky seems too large.
                        The diode seems to be is used in the boost circuit for the backlights, so it will be a higher voltage.

Comment

Thank you guys, I have replaced the whole board, it was easier and cheaper. So, the original problem is solved.
                          I was curious about this diode because I didn't know what is exactly. Anyway, I have learned something new.

Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
                          X