X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspiron 530 bios dump needed

as the title says.

Re: Inspiron 530 bios dump needed

Here you go,one of these is the right bios. Please read this post about the different motherboard versions: https://www.dell.com/community/Deskt...e/td-p/4732156
    Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

thanks.
      is that ICH9 rom original?
      there is a hacked one floating around that is fucked because the MAC address is missing.

Comment

I think you're supposed to enter the MAC address from the original BIOS (or a label on the board if the original BIOS is completely unreadable).

Comment

enter it where??
          if these arent dumped from working boards then they are useless because that data must be in them for the o.s. to start.

btw, i dont know where you got those 4M files - the boards only have a 2M chip on them!!
          i think i'll scap this dell shit - dell are nothing but a pain in the ass.

i have been through this bullshit with dell products before with missmatched bios sizes, critical data in the flash to save a few cents on an eeprom etc.
          fucking company should fold and save us all a lot of problems.

Comment

EDIT: My apologies to you stj, i fucked up.I was using some dell bios extractor software and it pulled the bios from a random folder in my temp files,i never noted what size the bios should be,just assumed it was ok.Ive attatched the right ones this time...hopefully.

I found some more info, according to this dell article there are 10 different 530 variants: https://www.dell.com/support/article...347263?lang=en

From a post over at bios-mods the different bios versions for each one:

530: BIOS chip (NVRAM) 16 Mb(G33/ICH9 chipset, uses BIOS v.1.0.18)
            530a/530c: BIOS chip (NVRAM) 8 Mb(G33/ICH9 chipset, uses BIOS v.1.0.18)
            530b/530d: BIOS chip (NVRAM) 8 Mb(G31/ICH7 chipset, uses BIOS v.1.0.2)

530s: BIOS chip (NVRAM) 16 Mb(G33/ICH9 chipset, uses BIOS v.1.0.18)
            530sa/530sc: BIOS chip (NVRAM) 8 Mb(G33/ICH9 chipset, uses BIOS v.1.0.18)
            530sb/530sd: BIOS chip (NVRAM) 8 Mb(G31/ICH7 chipset, uses BIOS v.1.0.2 )

Vostro 200: BIOS chip (NVRAM) 16 Mb(G33/ICH9 chipset, uses BIOS v.1.0.16)

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thre...Project?page=7
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-04-2019, 05:10 PM. Reason: F*&%$d Up
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
            X