Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Welcome to the Badcaps.net Tech Forum! > Announcements & Related News
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #21261
Raiko I

City & State: Havana
My Country: Cuba
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello partners. Sorry for my English. I am a Cuban engineer. I currently have a small laptop repair business in my country. This forum has been helpful to me since I met him a year ago. It will be a pleasure to share knowledge with all of you.
Raiko I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #21262
mferna14

City & State: Brampton
My Country: Canada

Hi all, I am a Electronic Component Level Technician. Been in this industry for more then 30 yrs. Do all component level trouble shooting & repairing on notebook motherboards & all kinds of electronic devices., Apple products are what I enjoy working on. BGA chip re-balling & installing them on motherboard. This is my passion & I enjoy doing my work. Any kind of help anyone requires, just message me or start a new thread. Enjoy being on BadCaps..
& BTW how do I get the rights to Start a new threads, does any one know this, I do not even see the "New Thead icon" ... Thanks in advance

Last edited by mferna14; 06-14-2019 at 05:57 PM..
mferna14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #21263
GSWho

City & State: Meridian, Idaho
My Country: USA

Howdy!! I am a retired USAF Electronics Tech and do repairs for fun. My typing sucks, Sorry. Old enough Im not going to take any classes. Was looking for info on repairing a Laptop and ran across This. Read a little and decided that I wanted to join. Cheer's
GSWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:59 PM   #21264
dendy7777777

City & State: Krivoy Rog
My Country: Украина

Hello. My name is Denis, and I am an engineer of one-person service center droiddevice.ru. I built my soldering station 3 years ago, and now I repair laptops, tablets and phones. I was told that on this forum I will find a lot of interesting things, dumps of bios, schemes and much more. I do not speak English well, and this text is translated by Google translator. I ask to excuse me
dendy7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:06 AM   #21265
Rayo12rayo

City & State: woodbridge, va
My Country: us
Talking Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by petabyte View Post
As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
hello my name is Rayo and im a technician who want to learn from other
Rayo12rayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:13 AM   #21266
Rayo12rayo

City & State: woodbridge, va
My Country: us
Talking Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello my name is Rayo and im a technician for 14 years who want to learn more from other
Rayo12rayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:55 AM   #21267
vychovan

City & State: Kaunas
My Country: Lithuania

Hi. I am Sergey from Lithuania and immediately apologize for my poor English. I am a bachelor of electronics engineering, but I had very little practice, so I would rather get help from this forum, but on the other hand I will be happy to share my knowledge with other participants of the forum with a willing wish. Have a nice day for all!
vychovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:05 AM   #21268
ALLER

City & State: Buderim, QLD
My Country: Australia
Line Voltage: 240VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist Tech

Hi All, My name is Jerry. I am an architectural designer, but also do all kinds of electronics repairs. And while I have qualifications in architecture, I don't have any in electronics. But I use my brain, common sense and the little more than basic knowledge acquired over the time. I live in Australia, Queensland, Sunshine Coast - in short... the Paradise . I hope to learn a lot from you guys and sometimes to be... maybe a little help to others. Cheers!
ALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:23 PM   #21269
wavaytron

City & State: Oakham
My Country: UK

Hi to All,
My name is Mike and I've been building desktop PC's for several years just on a hobby basis for myself, family members and friends. Recently I've ventured into repairing laptops for friends and family and realised that I'm going to have to get into component level repairs if I'm to be of any use in doing this and I came across this excellent resource "Badcaps.net", whilst trying to understand the issues in diagnosing and replacing MOSFET's in the charging stages of the motherboard. Glad I found this website!
wavaytron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #21270
odg

City & State: Lübeck
My Country: Germany
Line Voltage: 240V 60Hz

Hey, I'm Timo and I studied electrical engineering but never went that route in my professional career. I found Badcaps while searching for tips how to troubleshoot my broken TV.
odg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:23 PM   #21271
Zipzapit

City & State: Wiggins Mississippi
My Country: U.S.A.

Hey what's up
Zipzapit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:32 AM   #21272
ZXCVBS

City & State: Buenos Aires
My Country: Argentina

hi all from buenos aires, i found the site trying to fix a lcd power board.
ZXCVBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #21273
bermo96

City & State: Liège
My Country: Belgique
Line Voltage: 220VAC
I'm a: Student Tech

Hello everyone !
I'm a belgian student in electronical engineering, I like working on computer and other boards since I'm 12 years old. Nowadays I do some repair for my familiy and also to have a bit of money (not a lot unfortunately). I'm pretty well equipped.
bermo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:38 PM   #21274
jhony1988

City & State: Mollendo
My Country: Perú
Line Voltage: "220VAC 60Hz"

Buenas noches a todos los miembros de este Foro, mi nombre es Jhony, soy de Perú, soy aficionado a la electrónica y por ahora cuento con un ciber cafe en el cual tengo 14 maquinas no son de juego mas que todo son para investigación y trabajos, tengo 2 hijos "pareja" ojala y sea bien recibido en esta familia virtual jajajaja. Como se darán cuenta por lo poco que escribí me considero una persona de pocas palabras tal vez un poco tímido, espero sepan comprender amigos.
jhony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:10 AM   #21275
tutorialealbania

City & State: Tirana
My Country: Albania

Hello. My name is Albi. I repair tv mostly firmware problems
tutorialealbania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:53 AM   #21276
LuigiV_IT

City & State: Monza
My Country: Italia
Line Voltage: 220v

Hi, thank you for accepting me in this forum , a friend recommended it to me in an Italian Alienware laptop forum, because here we always find answers, sometimes with patience, but we are not in a hurry.
LuigiV_IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #21277
Marty Fredericksen

City & State: Muskegon, MI
My Country: usa

Hello all, shop jimmy recomended this site. I am trying to repair a Samsung led tv Model #un50j6200afxza
Marty Fredericksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #21278
Neih

City & State: Mareeba

Hi all,
I'm new here ! and I wish I know the site earlier to save me numerous trips and tracing threads leading nowhere .

My name is Hien which is hard to some so my user is Neih which is quite easy to remember or pronounce. I am now down under and it is quite nice here.

My greetings to all the old members and I hope I am welcome here !

Ciao and see you all around.
Neih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:01 PM   #21279
trevsky

City & State: nsw
Thumbs up Re: New Members -

G,day peeps i'm Trev , born n bred Aussie love chillin in the man cave brewing hops as quick as i can drink it , all while trying not to get my self zapped as i attempt to fix broken down n busted electronic's/,phone's/tab's/pc's for family and friends #of course with help from you great folks ! By the way Great site awesome Knowledge & thanks for having me very much appreciated hope to chat with ya all in the near future !Cheers all, old & new members!
trevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:19 AM   #21280
ChaosFlower

City & State: London
My Country: England
Line Voltage: 230V 50Hz

Hi
My name is Garth. I live in England, about 30 miles from London. I visited this site years ago. I am aware that all caps are not equal. I have never posted before but I now have my first recapping project that maybe you can help me with. So hopefully I can work out how to make my first post!
ChaosFlower is offline   Reply With Quote