Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp Aquos - Horizontal Line and flickering colors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp Aquos - Horizontal Line and flickering colors.

You are correct - they do have the side tabs! Bad news is the "Authorized Sharp service center" did the SAME FIX!! So just when I found the burned driver on the ribbon I thought "perfect-- I'll just cut the tabs off the left side" Then opened the right side and saw they already cut the tabs on the other side. I checked the other TV and the same thing. So it appears Sharp was already doing this for warranty work - sad sad. So all three TVs are recycle now. Any use for the boards out of them? I know they are good but not sure if scavenging parts to sell would be beneficial or not.

Comment

Wow... some "authorized service".... I hope the owners didn't pay a lot for the "fix" which isn't really a fix. Its weird that the screens died "again" Me thinks they may have been "experimenting" and "guessed wrong"..... because, I don't know of any "tab removed saved sets" that have failed outside of a sony by feakaftr8.... so something is strange.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
        Wow... some "authorized service".... I hope the owners didn't pay a lot for the "fix" which isn't really a fix. Its weird that the screens died "again" Me thinks they may have been "experimenting" and "guessed wrong"..... because, I don't know of any "tab removed saved sets" that have failed outside of a sony by feakaftr8.... so something is strange.
        Well these TVs were part of a corporate media wall. So they were on 24/7. So if you want an idea of how long a TV lasts after tabs removed from one side is approx 14 months if 24/7. I think that is pretty darn good myself especially with the heat buildup from constant runtime.

Comment

Originally posted by maestro300 View Post
          You are correct - they do have the side tabs! Bad news is the "Authorized Sharp service center" did the SAME FIX!! So just when I found the burned driver on the ribbon I thought "perfect-- I'll just cut the tabs off the left side" Then opened the right side and saw they already cut the tabs on the other side. I checked the other TV and the same thing. So it appears Sharp was already doing this for warranty work - sad sad. So all three TVs are recycle now. Any use for the boards out of them? I know they are good but not sure if scavenging parts to sell would be beneficial or not.
          I would be back to the Authourized Service Center and complain bitterly that they did not carry out a repair only a quick fix when they obviously knew it was a panel fault.
          I wonder if they had a new panel from Sharp out of this.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
            I would be back to the Authourized Service Center and complain bitterly that they did not carry out a repair only a quick fix when they obviously knew it was a panel fault.
            I wonder if they had a new panel from Sharp out of this.
            No joke! Unfortunately these were already on the recycle dock when I grabbed them. I know the manager over the AV group so I'll have to ask him about these so-called repairs. I would like to know if these were true warranty work vs repair.

Comment

Oh my God from a Sharp authorized service center!!?? That's some shady shit right there!!
              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by maestro300 View Post
                No joke! Unfortunately these were already on the recycle dock when I grabbed them. I know the manager over the AV group so I'll have to ask him about these so-called repairs. I would like to know if these were true warranty work vs repair.
                In my opinion there is no way stripping the tabs off is warranty work.
                I appreciate items are returned to store when faulty but you expect that they have been repaired not fudged before they are sold on even as second grade.

You could argue (at least here in the UK) that you did not have the product you paid for since one set of side tabs were missing.

If a customer was told that the only way to extend the sets life was by removing the side tabs then the decision is his or hers to make not the repair shop.
                Last edited by dick_barton; 04-13-2017, 02:30 PM.
                Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Martino, I Concur. I just removed the right side tab drivers from my 60" Sharp Aquos and not only fixed the the horizontal flashing I had going on but it also fixed the 3 horizontal black lines I had 3/4 of the way across my screen. I was able to identify the tab driver that was burned up and removed one at a time and watched the picture get better each time one was removed.

Thanks for all of the very valuable info from everyone

Comment

I am a new guy here. I have a Sharp Aqous LC-70c7500u with the horizontal line and flickering. It looks like if I remove the tab drivers it might fix my problem.

Looking for an easy fix. I am not a TV repair guy

Do I cut the ribbons or just pull them off?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide

I attached a photo .... cut or pull here?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that my Sharp LC-70UQ17U was having the flickering. With the help of this thread I was able to fix it! I'm hoping it will last a few more years. Thanks to all that posted.

Comment

Thanks to everyone on this site I have saved my LC-60EQ10U! If you are looking at the front of the screen, I tore off the right side tabs(could be different for everyone). I figured this out by disconnecting each T-Con connector, which is centered at the bottom on the back of the TV(there are 4 connectors), and turning the TV on to check the picture each time a new cable was removed(3 will always be plugged in when checking). When I removed the far left T-Con connector(looking at the back of the TV), the left side of the screen(looking at the front of the TV) looked perfect and the right side(looking at the front on the TV) was completely white with vertical RGB colored lines. I decided that the right side(looking at the TV) was the one with the problem. I then removed the driver tabs on the same side of the TV that the T-Con cable was disconnected. So since my far left T-Con cable was disconnected(looking at the back of the TV), I removed the right side tabs(looking at the front of the tv), and while the TV was on, I tore each tab off cleanly with a pair of needle nose pliers watching the TV become clearer as I continued to rip all 5 tabs off. Once the 5 tabs are completely off; Unplug TV, plug all T-Con connectors back in so that all 4 connectors are connected, plug the TV back in and boom!
                        Thank you again Badcaps!!

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                          Man these sharps are dropping heavier than my babies !
                          It's been looking like Sharp is a steaming pile o' bullshit lately! At least with their biggest panels and the like!
                          Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 09-27-2017, 06:51 PM.
                          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

My son dropped off a 8 month old LC-60EQ10U that was given to him with this issue. When I disconnected the right T-Conn 1/2 the screen was crystal clear. Bad news was there are no side tabs! There are a total of 10 bottom tabs. and each controls the screen right above them. So by disconnecting the far right tab I had 3/4 of a clear screen Isolating the issue.
                            Unfortunately when you cut the bad section the screen directly above it goes blank but the rest of the picture is clear! Live and learn! Love this forum!

Comment

Thank you very much BadCaps!
                              I have a LC-EQ6010U that started with one black horizontal line that ran across screen. Lived with it for a couple days but then the whole screen went dead. It wouldn't turn on at all, just did 3 long blinks and 1 short.

I just followed j3st3r12's lead and pulled the 5 tabs off the one side of the panel. Plugged everything in and it's back in business.

Thank you!

Comment

Simply amazing. Looks like I have a Sharp 90 inch coming to soon for this. Cross your fingers.
                                Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Hi all! This is so helpful and i think I've figured out the problem with my TV. It was blinking 5 short and 2 long and i had a line coming from the bottom left about 2/3 across the screen for a year now, and 4 more started in the last month. Yesterday it started flickering and then the screen just went weird. I want to pull the tabs, but i can't figure out how to take it off. I watched a few videos but that didn't help me much. Can anyone offer advice? I got the plastic backing off, but could not figure out how to get the metal off to get to where i think the tabs are. I have a 60" sharp. Thanks!

Comment

picture of what you are referring to "plastic backing off"? is that the "tape" or the bezel? I do believe the access is from the front not the back... so you need to remove the bezel on the side in question.

Comment

I've gotten this far! I just can't figure out how to find the parts I'm supposed to remove. Does this help?
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Also what is the bezel?

Comment

It worked!!! Took me a bit to figure out how to get to the tabs but i got there! It's good to go! Thanks for all the tips guys!!
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X