LG 50pc1d help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50pc1d help required

Hei guys I have an LG50pc1d which decided to switch off.

Unplugged and left for a day it would switch on and last about 2 minutes before switching off.
    I checked out this forum and tested voltages etc. NO ac detect all caps looked good and inside tv was clean no dust etc.

I bought a power supply from eBay and connected it up, all looked good.
    On powering up and using it all seemed fine then it powered off after about 5 minutes.

Left it unplugged for a few days and it powered up, I did the menu on remote and tv and checked the fan settings tempo was 20 degrees, low temp 50 high temp 60, fan off 20 degrees.

It stayed on for about 15 minutes, the temperature climbed to 26 degrees, no fan on then powered off.
    The LED on the front goes from red then flashes 8 times and powers up on flash 9 then powers off.
    Any ideas or do I strip it for parts and sell on eBay?

Cheers in advance.

Gary

Re: LG 50pc1d help required

Anyone after a 50" plasma to fix or spares?

Comment

Hi Gary:

These old LG plasmas often fail due to heat. There are a couple of culprits:

1) Power supply has bad capacitors (they will look visibly bulged).

2) The IPM (Integrated Power Modules) on the Y-sustain and Z-sustain boards usually fail as short circuit and prevent TV from turning on at all.

The fact that your TV does turn on and work for a few minutes could be a power supply voltage mis-adjustment.

You said you replaced the power supply. If you replaced the power supply, you should verify that the voltages for Vs and Va being output from the power supply match the required Vs and Va voltages published on a sticker on the back of the plasma panel itself inside the TV (near the top).

If your power supply is putting out voltages that are too high, this could cause TV to shut off after a few minutes.

The VS and Va voltages can be adjusted by turning potentiometers on the power supply board.

Is this something that you are comfortable measuring or adjusting?

Comment

Cheers for the reply I'll check the voltages. Fingers crossed.

The TV did produce quite a bit of heat even when new.
        The caps on the original PSU all looked good.
        I unplugged the Y and Z boards and the fault persisted, hence renewing the PSU.

I'd rather fix it as its too bloody heavy to carry and too big for my car to take to the tip!��

Comment

I have a 50PC5D and a 50PX1D already broken down and on the shelf
          They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Originally posted by Gary G View Post
            Cheers for the reply I'll check the voltages. Fingers crossed.

The TV did produce quite a bit of heat even when new.
            The caps on the original PSU all looked good.
            I unplugged the Y and Z boards and the fault persisted, hence renewing the PSU.

I'd rather fix it as its too bloody heavy to carry and too big for my car to take to the tip!��
            over all TV which had installed FAN in it... any FAN if the rm slow down it will give high resistances to let the TV shut down.
            open all fan and clean them or oil the shift of them..ot install new one i guess PC one will pass

Comment

Diah I was just going to post the fix!

Yup, it was the fan!
              I stripped and cleaned it and the tv is working perfectly.
              I checked the system and there were 171 fan faults

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Awesome news! No need for new power supply at all. And no need to carry heavy TV. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  over all TV which had installed FAN in it... any FAN if the rm slow down it will give high resistances to let the TV shut down.
                  open all fan and clean them or oil the shift of them..ot install new one i guess PC one will pass
                  Good idea mate well done! I've had these pc1d sets with piles of dust stored in the fan.
                  Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Working...
                  X