This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi guys thanks for letting me join your forum, i am no expert but have a interest in electrics an electronics i hope this is ok as i look forward to learning more from you guys.

Comment

Hello! First post, I have used the site in the past to fix a couple TV's and have another TV I am trying to fix that I am stuck on. I live in Louisiana and enjoy fixing stuff in general. Looking forward to gaining some more knowledge and fixing more electronics......

Comment

Hello ya'll! Also as hambone1234 originated from Louisiana.
        Electronics and Computer background. Today I work in Computer Support but still tinker with fixing everything from TV's, monitors to radar and anything powered.
        Latest projects: replacing bad caps on Dell GX380-620's, and a load of Dell/Acer and other brands of monitors with exploded/leaking caps.
        Your site has been very helpful in my repairs so I need to throw out a BIG THANKS to all!

Comment

hello,

Just joined this forum, looks very informative, I am learning my way, repairing PS, all electronics, but lack a lot of skills, but in my case schematics & troubleshooting tips is very important to guide me with some tips, service manuals are also great.

Hope the benefit will be mutual.

Regards,

Comment

Hello everyone here
            Name ahmed eid
            from egypt

Comment

Hi guys, I have enjoyed reading the forum since lightning took out my TV. I dabble and like to see if I can fix everything myself before I pitch it or pay someone to do it.

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello to everyone on this forum.I am experienced in several areas ,such as hardware repair and troubleshoot,software related issues mostly on Microsoft OS-s,TV-s,monitors etc.
                  I hope that I will be in opportunity to help others ,as I expect to find some useful stuff in here like service manuals,tips and more...
                  Greetings from Serbia

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hi all, looking forward to getting stuck into fixing a huge Samsung that I picked up for a song.

Comment

Hi Guys

I have a background in electrical fault finding usually PLC's, motor inverters, Asi bus and profibus systems. I have always tinkered with electronics, and would like to learn more. I have looked through the forums, and you guys seem to have extensive knowledge of most things electronic. Looking at the Tv repair side initially, but may venture elsewhere who knows.

Haw one toshiba tv with the diode problem, awaiting new diodes to arrive. I have another Toshiba tv combi unit with red and green flashing led, which I may need some help with.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi everybody,

I am Mike from Pennsylvania. I have been a board level repair tech since 1995. I have mostly worked in the communications field but have worked on audio and pro audio equipment on the side. I have more recently dove into automotive pcm and cluster repair. I look forward to this site and the info found here.

Comment

Hello! Web programer and geek, having fun trying to repair my mother's tv and looking for help.

Comment

I look forward to being a member of this electronic forum. My education is college of hard knocks! Been tinkering and playing with tvs for about 10 years. Currently have an LG that powers up for about 5 seconds and has distorted picture then shuts down. The blink code is 3 blinks.

Comment

hello

Comment

Looking for help with a Panasonic TX-L47FT60B which works when it wants ARRRGGGHHH HELP!!!

Comment

Hai I'm here primarily for information on power supplies. I have been working on computers for as long as I remember, first time being trying to build a computer out of 80s-early 90s parts in my grandfather's basement over Christmas! Never succeeded in that but had a great many older systems fall into my hands during my childhood, a couple older laptops and desktops. I never failed to screw something up in my everlasting quest to run the games I wanted on hardware far too old to support it but always ended up learning something new and the occasional success was enough motivation for me to try!

I currently run a system with an i5-2500K, GTX 960, 32GB RAM, 256GB SSD, and a couple 1TB HDDs which is used as my main computer and Minecraft server. My main monitor is an ASUS VH236h with modifications to the built-in speakers for better bass. My secondary monitor (DELL 2007FP) has the hour counter is pegged at 65,535 hours and has had the inverter recapped when the top backlights stopped working.

My secondary system has an AMD Athlon 5350, GTX 560 Ti, 8GB RAM, and 500GB HDD and is currently is out of commission due to the failure of an absolutely craptastic APower AGS Series 450W PSU. My fault for soldering two 6-pin connectors to it to power the horribly inefficient GPU and then running Furmark for around an hour til the thing shut off in a shower of sparks and flame . I'm currently working on beefing up a slightly less craptastic Coolmax V-600 I got cheaply from a surplus store. I intend to spend little to no more money on this machine as it is far too slow to be useful for much outside of browsing and email.

Hopefully introduction is not too long and I hope I can be a productive member here!

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, i'm just a novice repair person figuring to save myself a couple bucks by learning and teaching myself how and what to look for in making my electronics work for me as efficiently and affordable as possible. I'm looking forward to observing and learning from those that post in this forum and one day maybe I can offer some assistance and advice to others.
                                        Now about that motherboard, PNEAY40503202, manufacture date 2008/01/04, certainly looks to me that I have 6 enlarged capacitors and probaly should just get a new motherboard I will seek out motherboard.org and see what's available thanks for the info.

Comment

Hello all. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X