This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey everyone, my name is Joel. I am here because I believe that we should never stop trying to learn

Comment

I have been in electronics for about 30 years. as any good tech knows its all FM(freakin magic). thanks for having me. God Bless

Comment

hi everyone

Comment

Hello my name is Rodolfo. I work as IT Manager in Cuba. I presented many problems in the warm weather and this website is the best I have found to solve
          Thank you in advance

Comment

hello from frederick, MD

Comment

Electronics Engineer. Ham Radio operator Extra Class. Very familiar with component level repairs. Joined here because specialized troubleshooting and repair procedures not always apparent in modern day audio/video equipment. Hope to get some knowledge and add some too. :-)

Comment

Hey! I'm Dendygar and I study mathematics and computer engineering at university!

Comment

Hello from Tampa fl! I've been reading Badcaps for years, but never posted--but may need to soon. I've repaired a few tvs now by replacing caps, all from info on this most excellent site, though I'm pretty much a complete novice when it comes to electronics.

Comment

hi I'm here to find out info on how to read date codes and learn more about good mobo capacitors for an older motherboard from 2005 that has a lot of shot probably Nippon capacitors.

Comment

Microbee (z80 32k!) ---> Amiga500 ---> Amiga1200 ---> 486 DX2-66 --> onto a countless string of home built PC's (I only just disposed of a Celeron 300A clocked @ 450 from my upright MAME arcade machine)

Industrial Electrician (Automation & Maintenance)

Enjoy repairing/restoring/modifying guitar amplifiers, mostly Marshall Valve/Solid state hybrids so far. I have also been tinkering with Guitar effects.

Stumbed across this site trying to find a mystery SMD diode in an LCD inverter board.

Comment

Hi badcap members. Im a techo from the land down under. Particular interests are marine electronics and rf comms. Component level repair is a dying art and its great to see you guys flying the flag.

Comment

Hello Everyone !

I've been reading Badcaps for years, but never posted

But I stuck in repairing may smart tv so need your help now :-)

Comment

Here I am TestedTechs.....google that
                            Graduate of Electronics and Computer Engineering......(still dont know nada)

Battling with a lenovo r500 ....voltages read well but nothing is firing any...

Coils to ground measure 0....to dcin measures dc in 19.2v
                            please help

Comment

Hi All,

My name is Santo, I am from Melbourne, Australia. I am a mechanical engineer by trade, and dabble in electronics and trying to do some home level repairs.

Thanks!

Santo

Comment

Hi Everyone,

My Name is Jason,

I'm an electronic Technician and work in the gaming industry in Australia.

I like to work on HI-FI gear, and ocassionally TV's.

Hope to be a contributing member and get some good advice from here.

Cheers, Jason.

Comment

Hi im super360, I will be honest i dont replace caps alot although i did for a friends tv once barely made any money but whatever, i mainly enjoy soldering such as rgh and anything modding really, i am not a hacker i believe there is a difference in my opinion a modder is more of a hardware tinkerer, while a hacker is more a software and programming guru, but anyways im also on teamx360.co.uk, great website if your into modding xboxs. anyways hopefully i can learn a thing or too from here.

Comment

Hi All,

Discovered this forum whilst attempting to fix my Plasma tv. Have found lots of helpful info but still not fixed and would really like to fix it.

I am from Leeds in the UK and have no experience of fixing tv's, can fix cars, pressure washers, washing machines and most things I turn my hand to but electronics to this degree are a bit beyond me although I have learnt a fair bit over the last few days so finding it quite an interesting challenge.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                      just registered only for downloading some mbp schematics but after having a quick look around this board i think i might become a frequent user.

Comment

Hi from France :-)
                                        Looks like a very cool forum with many knowledgable people.
                                        I guess i'll be arround quite often.

Comment

Hello,

Kevin from Pennsylvania. Work in IT just trying to repair my TV.

Comment

Working...
                                          X