Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP DMI Tool NBDmiFit

Originally posted by feherhollo View Post
    Sorry MPM unlocking only possible with SMC.bin file which is unique for each unit generated from serial and UUID. Only HP can do.
    after playing with the spi flasher i ended up with my laptop NOT powering on ()and the charge led is blinking with orange color button forever no matter if i put the charger and remove the battry,

how can i fix this¿ or maybe this laptop is dead forever¿
    Last edited by Shay_G; 09-05-2020, 02:09 PM. Reason: sooooooooooo i KILLED IT :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Shay_G View Post
      after playing with the spi flasher i ended up with my laptop NOT powering on ()and the charge led is blinking with orange color button forever no matter if i put the charger and remove the battry,

how can i fix this¿ or maybe this laptop is dead forever¿
      You need to erase and reflash both chips 2MB + 16MB with working clean .bin files.
      Can find here in forum. You may use a CleanME version of the 16mb chip.
      Last edited by feherhollo; 09-08-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

If you want to lock and unlock MPM on some machines i suggest you goto this post

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...1&postcount=12

download Ver 2.13. Make a USB bootable pen drive. When you boot from the pen drive it automatically runs a program in UEFI mode that locks and unlocks the MPM.

I've used it on the following models that I've had repair:

HP Spectre Convertible - 1DL99EA#ABU
        HP Notebook 15-bs507na
        HP Pavilion X360 13-u009na
        HP Laptop 15 15-bw029na
        Last edited by Dodge101; 09-25-2020, 02:28 AM.

Comment

somebody can extract Setup module or Setup PE32 for you, from the file
          attached so you can generate IFR text file

is a bios insyde h20 F.2A Rev. A rev3.7
          Attached Files
          Last edited by xeniachile; 09-25-2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Sorry, does anyone support the all-in-one type 20-c414c cellphone, I tried them all but they couldn't

Comment

I have the an HP Pavilion 17-f053us and replaced the motherboard and I used the the NBDmifit tool to fill in everything. The only thing that it ask now is "Product Name" and the NBDmifit tool i used via dos does not have an option for that. Is there something I missed or do I have to use something else to fill this in?

Comment

Been trying to "Set Product name" with different tools but I cant find any tool if any that lets you "Set Product Name".

Comment

Originally posted by theace8869 View Post
                  I have the an HP Pavilion 17-f053us and replaced the motherboard and I used the the NBDmifit tool to fill in everything. The only thing that it ask now is "Product Name" and the NBDmifit tool i used via dos does not have an option for that. Is there something I missed or do I have to use something else to fill this in?
                  Originally posted by theace8869 View Post
                  Been trying to "Set Product name" with different tools but I cant find any tool if any that lets you "Set Product Name".
                  Signed up to say that I have exactly the same issue. Everything else is fine, except for "Product Name".

Comment

thanks!!!
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-19-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Still no luck with My HP Spectre X360 (13-4014TU) replacement motherboard. Can't unlock MPM to update product name in windmifit, NBDmifit doesn't contain product name. Means I still have a prompt every time I start the computer which is quite annoying. HP apparently aren't sending out smc.bin files due to security concerns. Really frustrating I think I'm going to have to live with the boot prompt...

Comment

Also, some people have mentioned that you can boot in "UEFI mode". That said, the files within nbdmifit are .bat files, which typically do not run in a UEFI shell. Can someone elaborate on the proper procedure to boot a "UEFI USB"? I have been using Rufus to flash freedos, but this only boots in BIOS mode, and nbdmifit works here (and I'm assuming it's also unlocking MPM since it lets me change things), but I can't set a product name.

Comment

Originally posted by backgammon View Post
                          Also, some people have mentioned that you can boot in "UEFI mode". That said, the files within nbdmifit are .bat files, which typically do not run in a UEFI shell. Can someone elaborate on the proper procedure to boot a "UEFI USB"? I have been using Rufus to flash freedos, but this only boots in BIOS mode, and nbdmifit works here (and I'm assuming it's also unlocking MPM since it lets me change things), but I can't set a product name.
                          The DMI tools include a pdf with the instructions on how to make a UEFI bootable key. Try hp BCU bios config utility as well. Also see post #137 in this thread,there`s a few youtube videos and an MPM tool that might help .
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by backgammon View Post
                            If you find something let me know as I really want to fix that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Exa View Post
                              Thanks you !
                              It had helped me to put back S/N and P/N for an unsupported old EliteBook 8460p with brand new system board got on eBay from a brocker.
                              What exactly did you do to make it work?

Comment

Hi! Can someone help me with my HP bios please? Dump here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...23#post1004223

Comment

Originally posted by danandrei96 View Post
                                  Hi! Can someone help me with my HP bios please? Dump here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...23#post1004223
                                  See post #137 for some videos that will help .
                                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                    See post #137 for some videos that will help .
                                    I already went through the whole thread before commenting. I tried the config tools from post #137 but they just return access denied and still the MPM is locked sadly

Comment

Originally posted by danandrei96 View Post
                                      I already went through the whole thread before commenting. I tried the config tools from post #137 but they just return access denied and still the MPM is locked sadly
                                      SOO.. in case anyone else is wondering, I actually managed to unlock the MPM by running UEFIMPMUNLOCK.EFI in nbdmifit 2.13 from the EFI shell. Even though the program says it's not supported on my system (2.14 would be the right version, but has no UEFI) . After MPM unlock I can use the normal tools nbdmifit or wndmifit to write the details

Comment

Hello!
                                        I am trying to unlock the MPM on my Elitebook 840 G2 because I failed the initial branding after I changed the motherboard.
                                        I tried the above method, and after I launch UefiMpmUnlock.efi in EFI shell, I receive the following message: HP MPM protocol is not present.
                                        What do you guys think I am missing here?

I also tried to find a way to unlock the MPM via BIOS programming with no success. Could someone tell me how to find the byte controling MPM state in the BIOS?

Thanks!
                                        Last edited by GGN; 12-03-2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

what version for HP 640G1 please i wanna solve {warning machine is not in committed state}
                                          what can i do

Comment

Working...
                                          X