MBA 820-00165 No Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBA 820-00165 No Audio

I have been working on this one for about 2 months trying to figure out why there is no audio. Originally came in DOA with zero water damage. Found bad SMC and back to life. However no audio. I have tried about 20 SMCs and I had gotten audio back but then I had high fan spin and some other random issues, so I redid SMC and issues were resolved, but back to no audio. I've checked everything and tried everything times 10. New DCIN boards, and 20 SMCs and about 40 reballs. Area on the board now has some solder masking. Can't figure this mofo out. Anyone out there a super genius with audio circuits?

Re: MBA 820-00165 No Audio

I played around with lifting legs on Q1920 and it seems it is working. I don't see any shorts, new flexs, new DCINs, new speakers. Checked caps, resistors. Don't see low DMM.

I just don't get it.

Probably just going to give up on this one as super odd. Spent over 40 hours on it approximately.

Comment

Ok, I finally got it. Put some more solder mask under the SMC.
      Sound working again.
      I knew it was the f-ing SMC. I just knew it!

Comment

Looking at a 00165 with no audio too and found this thread. I admire your persistence I think that you are on the FB Macbook logic board repair group too (Peter Newman)
        Last edited by Pedro147; 10-28-2020, 06:34 PM.
        My YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD...5d6OgizDqoi_SA

Comment

Working...
        X