Calibrating a YiHua 939D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calibrating a YiHua 939D

I cannot figure out how to the calibration should work on my YiHua 939D. I thought it would have a dial that you could turn to raise or lower the temperature so it matched the display, but it has a push button. I have not tried it since I did not want to get it out of calibration with no way to get it back. I have searched the 'net multiple times but don't see anything about how to calibrate it.

Does anyone know what the right procedure is for calibrating it?

Re: Calibrating a YiHua 939D

It doesn't need calibrating. There will always be a difference between the shown temperature which is the thermocouple and the tip which isn't completely in contact with the heating element. The actual temperature does not matter just the value at which it melts solder.

Comment

diff,
      Yes, you are definitely right, no question about that. But.... Since it does have a calibration button on it, I'd like to know how it works. Curiosity is a curse... and a blessing.

Comment

You'll need a HAKKO FG-100 or a clone or similar to measure the temperature at the tip.

Comment

Or you could just find the exact value at which your solder melts and approximate that way what your +-% is. Example, I usually buy Harris rosin core lead-free which melts at about 430-450f and I just make sure my tip is polished and go for it.
          Last edited by HairyMike; 11-25-2023, 08:50 AM. Reason: Had to remember\look up temp specs

Comment

Post a pic of the "button" it doesn't make sense for the 936D models out there. I see no pushbutton on them.
            Or post a pic of your control board, I've seen two trimpots on it for calibration, or a hole on the front panel for cal.

Comment

Working...
            X