Dell Inspiron 14z-n411z turns on by itself when trying to turn it off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Inspiron 14z-n411z turns on by itself when trying to turn it off

first apology for the bad english, it is google translator.

The problem with the machine is that when trying to turn off the machine it turns off for about three seconds and then it turns on by itself
    The only way to turn off the equipment and to keep it if it is to force the shutdown by keeping the power button pressed until it is turned off.

I already discarded a software problem when testing it with several linux distributions in addition to windows 7, 8.1, and 10 in all it does the same

I was suspicious of the power button, so I bought a new button, but it keeps doing the same

I hope you can help me

I am looking for the datasheet of this machine to see if I find what is not working

la placa madre de este equipo es
    Dell OEM Motherboard (systemboard / mainboard) with on-board 2.30GHz Intel i3-2350M CPU, compatible with the Dell Inspiron 14z (N411z) laptop/notebook.

Guaranteed compatible Dell Laptops/Notebooks:
    Inspiron 14z (N411z)

Dell P/N: DA0R05MB8D2 placa base CN-CHRG4 0CHRG4

Re: Dell Inspiron 14z-n411z turns on by itself when trying to turn it off

try to run without battery and cmos. I've had a case like that and the problem is only on cmos

Comment

Check PCI_Wake signal. Try removing lan chip and see if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
        Check PCI_Wake signal. Try removing lan chip and see if it helps.
        no, it didn't work.
        remove the lan chip and continue with the same.
        I suspect the instant on, but I still can't find the schematic of my board, there is one in the forum but it is for amd and it does not match my board

Comment

Did u checked pci_wake signal??

Comment

in proper working condition pci_wake# should be high or low ?
            i mean if everything is ok than voltage should be available or not ?

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post
              in proper working condition pci_wake# should be high or low ?
              i mean if everything is ok than voltage should be available or not ?
              Should be low when working ok. If it doesnt go low, pch wont turn off.

Comment

Thanks mcplslg123
                We learn a lot from you Guys

Comment

Working...
                X