HP 15ak002no wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 15ak002no wont start

Hello, i have a HP15ak002no mobo model DAX1PDMB8E0 that wont start.

I took the computer to a repair shop where they had it for months and figured out that there is 19v in the charger port. Im very much a beginner in laptop repair and could use some advice, i have found that once i plug the charger the component marked in the pictures (MS5JA) gets very hot within seconds. Coil next to the chip is connected to ground on both sides and few ceramic capacitors on the other side are too. Should i order a new chip and switch it or could problem be elsewhere?
    Attached Files

Re: HP 15ak002no wont start

find out the Schematic most prob it's you +3V or +5V regulator IC with a loop find out the IC number those 2 coils are connected with that line , what is the resistance to GND on those 2 cols GRAY

Comment

MS is a sylergy code and the IC in use here is SY8208BQNC and it's a 3V regulator. You need to remove the IC and then again check the impedance on coil connected to it. Btw, i doubt there will be more damages then this IC alone.

Comment

Im not really having any tools to remove it atm but i could order new one and take it to a shop for replace. Can i replace it with any MS*** chip or does it need to be the same MS5JA? Cannot find chip with same name online.

Comment

SY8208BQNC- search with this name and you will get plenty of options. The first 2 letters are important "MS", rest you can ignore as they are date/batch etc.

Comment

Working...
          X