Sony KDL-40R510C suddenly gives code #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-40R510C suddenly gives code #6

Suddenly, there's a green LED, but it's very brief. Then a red LED blinks 6 times, pauses and repeats. (probably at 1-blink-per-second)

This Sony TV, certainly doesn't look like the champion that the old Sony Bravia, which still has a nice picture and sound! The old Sony Bravia is still on HGTV right now, right outside my bedroom.

The Sony with the problem, is my mother's and father's, in their bedroom on the upper floor.

I'm like, "WTF!", after doing a tiny bit of internet search-fu, wondering how an LED or LEDs can be bad, even when very possible.

The picture background color, first off, doesn't look bad, unlike the LG 49UH6100 that's in my sister's bedroom, where it looks like faulty LEDs, FFS! (based on internet photos)
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-10-2021, 06:34 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Re: Sony KDL-40R510C suddenly gives code #6

Update: The main board is the most suspect, because it's been working in demo mode sometime after moving to our new-to-us house.

Unlike Sony cameras, which are well made, it looks like Sony TVs lately, (the recent ones, at least since the later-2010s) have a lot of problems! It seems to almost always be the mainboard.
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-10-2021, 11:34 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Re: Sony KDL-40R510C suddenly gives code #6

Unlike the LG, LEDs or one of the LEDs, are more likely to fail without visibly failing.

I saw this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaF9Vo6Bjs0

It doesn't even look that hard to get to the LED strips.
      Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-11-2021, 09:50 PM.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Working...
      X