Samsung UN75F6300 Backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN75F6300 Backlight

I am working on this 75" tv with backlight issues. I have removed the LCD and diffusers and and identified the strips/beads that need to be replaced/repaired.

The videos I reviewed about the teardown and testing of the backlights made it seem that they should separate easily. I am having difficulty removing the strip from the power and separating the individual strips.

For the power connection I see the white tab that must be lifted. It also looks like the two tabs under the blue plastic must be pressed down as well. I don't want to force any thing and break the connection. Is there a trick to getting it out?

The other picture is the strip connection. These don't separate just by pulling apart. Again, I don't want to break it. Do I just use a flat head to pry apart? Or is there a trick to this one as well?
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN75F6300 Backlight

i press the tabs on the blue side, and just pull and wiggle, but still don't seem to come of easy

Comment

On the main connection, the little tabs on the blue side need to be pressed down together. Use needle nose pliers spread slightly apart. On the interconnect between strips, the tabs are on the top in your pic.

Comment

Finntricky & Nelic6,

Thank you for responding.

The tabs between the strips were very easy now that I know they're there. The trick to slightly separate on the Power connection was very helpful!!

Comment

Working...
        X