Asus x556uj black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus x556uj black screen

Hi to all i have an asus x556uj rev 2.0 motherboard it was working fine until someday started to take so mush time to boot than sometimes it gets stuck at asus logo until one day the screen lights up (the backlight) and nothing at all it boots once in a 100 time but mostly stuck at asus logo or only back light working i left it like that for about 3 months when i opened it this time nothing happens the boot light blinks but the screen is black not even the backlight working now i decied to dump the bios i took a backup than another one but they were diffrent i took a third one and it was different from the others i think the bios chip is changing the dump every time I verify i get main memory with the contents are in disagreement it s like getting corrupted than i decided to erase the the bios chip and write blank and verify it was ok i flashed the bios with a dump i found on this forum and verify all good the error is gone but the laptop still behaving the same (black screen) i checked voltage using a repair guide i found online all voltage seems to be ok exept for VCCGT =0v

Re: Asus x556uj black screen

"main memory with the contents are in disagreement" . Are you by any chance using a CH341A ?
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Yes i am but the problem is solved after using auto in the program now the verify works fine but i used a bios thati found on this forum now vcccore is 0 volt too

Comment

Did you make a backup first before trying the other bios ? ,if you did then post your bios backup ,also post pictures of the white/green labels on the motherboard, they are usually on or near the RAM slot .
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-27-2021, 07:20 AM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

yes i did take 3 backups but they are diffrent i think because the bios chip is getting corrupted everytime i take a dump.
          after writing the new bios and verify all good the probleme is gone and this are all my dumps
          Attached Files
          Last edited by zikobiko; 03-27-2021, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Try this bios, and use this alternative CH341A software .

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...04&postcount=7 NeoProgrammer

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=10 AsProgrammer
            Attached Files

Comment

thank you for your help
              still black screen and still VCCGT =0V
              is VCCGT normal to be 0 V ?

Comment

my freind i forgot that i disabled on board ram because i suspecyed it at first ow afterenabling it again it boots i am gonne stop now because i have other work to do and i ll report other issues if pesent later thank you very mush for the bios

Comment

hi after flashing your bios the laptop booted fine multiple times but after 4th or 5th boot it booted to the bios menu and nothing is showing exept time editing and next boot just a black screen i took another dump and it looks very different from the one i flashed can you please take a look is the bios chip damaged? and can i replace it with a 64mb wibond mine is mx25l6473e
                  Attached Files

Comment

after comparing between my first dump and your edited dump and the new dump i find that damaged parts from the new dump is identical to the first dump very mush it s like the chip getting corrupted in the same way it was please correct me if i am wrong

Comment

hi i flashed the dump you gave me so many times but i always have boot problems after a while .i installed widows 10 now and whenever i want to reboot i have to remove the battery and hold power button and boot time is about 30 seconds and sometimes stuck on asus logo . this is my last dump after installing windows i used meanalyser and it has configuration issues and i noticed that my original dump me version is different from the one you gave me. can someone please help i am stuk here for one weak now
                      Attached Files

Comment

Try this one and report back. I couldn't open yours with FIT, used UEFI tool to build image, used clean ME from repositories and Bios region from update.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Black screen my freind if you can edit my first dump i uploaded it when i opened the thread

Comment

I can't do it, other than cleaning the ME region, I cannot do any repair, I do not have the skills or knowledge or tools. The first three dumps are all different, they shouldn't be, and you really shouldn't have erased until at least two or three dumps are the same. Better yet, if you suspect the chip, get another one, it might be dying on you every time it's read or heated up. Good luck.

Comment

It s because of the chip before erasing i tried with the same chip model and all dumps are the same i replaced the chip but the bios still not configured correctly i hope someone with skill and knowledge can repair it for me

Comment

Originally posted by zikobiko View Post
                                hi after flashing your bios the laptop booted fine multiple times but after 4th or 5th boot it booted to the bios menu and nothing is showing exept time editing and next boot just a black screen i took another dump and it looks very different from the one i flashed can you please take a look is the bios chip damaged? and can i replace it with a 64mb wibond mine is mx25l6473e
                                Nothing wrong with the bios i posted then if its been ok 4 or 5 reboots. The problem is somewhere else.

Comment

Thanks SMDFlea for clearing this up, my procedure ok? Copying DMI, using ME region from repositories and bios region from website update, building with UEFITool?

Comment

Originally posted by zikobiko View Post
                                    It s because of the chip before erasing i tried with the same chip model and all dumps are the same i replaced the chip but the bios still not configured correctly i hope someone with skill and knowledge can repair it for me
                                    Flash the bios from post #6 again,at first boot restore bios defaults. Shut down. Make a bootable memtest86+ flash drive,set the bios to boot from USB and boot from it.Run the tests.If the RAM tests ok leave it enabled,otherwise disable it again and remove the RAM chips.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazorca View Post
                                      Thanks SMDFlea for clearing this up, my procedure ok? Copying DMI, using ME region from repositories and bios region from website update, building with UEFITool?
                                      The part number on the white sticker is the bios that shipped with the board, x556uj ,so thats the bios region that should be used from the x556uj bios update. Cleaning the ME firmware should be done with FIT, as the firmware can have custom settings set.When you use FIT it will save the current settings from the bios you are working on,such as boot guard etc,and use those to rebuild the new bios. Some of the latest asus laptops have bootguard 5 enabled,if you copy a stock ME FW in using a hex editor/UEFITool youll lose that bootguard setting,and have a laptop that doesn`t boot.
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-09-2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Thank you for those wise words, I could not do the build with FIT, so I used UEFITool.

Comment

Working...
                                        X