ASUS B85M-E BIOS MOD Disable USB Over Current Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS B85M-E BIOS MOD Disable USB Over Current Protection

Hello, I wanted to request your help. I have an ASUS B85M-E Rev 1.02 board that throws me the error "USB Device Over Current Status Detected" "System will shut down after 15 seconds"

I know it is a USB related problem but I went through and checked them and there is no problem. I said I am going to flash BIOS to test, and indeed the problem disappeared in the first reboot, all USB worked without problem, nothing bad happened.

When I turned off the PC and turned it on again, the problem reappeared, I could not solve it, I DUMPed the BIOS again, and made a comparison, it had changed with respect to what I had written a moment ago.

I attach the two BIOSes, both the original before the first boot one that worked for me, and what is generated after the first boot and that gives the problem again.

I think this problem could happen if the "USB Device Over Current" is disabled, I wanted to know if the BIOS could be modified to disable that module, and not check the USB consumption so that this alert does not appear, or what is it what changes in the BIOS so that in the first boot it allows it, and not in the second attempt.
    Attached Files

Re: ASUS B85M-E BIOS MOD Disable USB Over Current Protection

Originally posted by robante15 View Post
    I DUMPed the BIOS again, and made a comparison, it had changed with respect to what I had written a moment ago.
    It will,and it does,its supposed to.The problem is hardware related not the bios .
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: ASUS B85M-E BIOS MOD Disable USB Over Current Protection

Originally posted by robante15 View Post
      Hello, I wanted to request your help. I have an ASUS B85M-E Rev 1.02 board that throws me the error "USB Device Over Current Status Detected" "System will shut down after 15 seconds"

I know it is a USB related problem but I went through and checked them and there is no problem. I said I am going to flash BIOS to test, and indeed the problem disappeared in the first reboot, all USB worked without problem, nothing bad happened.

When I turned off the PC and turned it on again, the problem reappeared, I could not solve it, I DUMPed the BIOS again, and made a comparison, it had changed with respect to what I had written a moment ago.

I attach the two BIOSes, both the original before the first boot one that worked for me, and what is generated after the first boot and that gives the problem again.

I think this problem could happen if the "USB Device Over Current" is disabled, I wanted to know if the BIOS could be modified to disable that module, and not check the USB consumption so that this alert does not appear, or what is it what changes in the BIOS so that in the first boot it allows it, and not in the second attempt.

Yours bios is confirm ok
      there is no problem in bios, i have same board and i flashed yours bios on my board. working fine, i think yours prob is usb 5 volt missing bcz in asus board when usb volts missing then prob shows

Comment

Working...
      X