Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55H6203 LED and screen?

Hello members,
    I recently picked this model up with a complaint of 'black screen, audio still working' off a kijiji listing. I asked if the screen was not cracked, scratched or damaged. Of course, the seller says its perfect. Just a backlight problem. I tested the strings with my backlight tester and found one of them open. The only thing to show up on the screen was the HDMI input in the upper corner. The LED tester only gives enough power to partially light up the screen on 1 string at a time. I did not have a signal input. I opened it up and replaced 3 bad LEDs and tested it before putting it all back together. All nice and bright and steady. When I got the screen back on and a signal into it, I saw that the screen had a horizontal split in the picture. See attached. I opened it up again and checked for damaged cables, tab bonds, etc. No amount of light pressure or movement made a change in the picture. Is the screen bad or did I damage something when taking it apart. I have done about a half dozen of these LED tv's so far ranging from 50 in to 60 inch without breaking anything. The screen does have some minor scratches and a small pit in the glass but far away from the split.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN55H6203 LED and screen?

That's a COF tab.
    Can be easily damaged disassembling/reassembling or taking the panel out.
    Take the bezel off & press the tabs while it is on & see if you can make it go away.
    Can use packers or tape on the tab for a temporary fix.

Comment

If this picture isn't thru hdmi connection can you try hooking up an hdmi device to see if it has same fault?

Comment

Right side tab, second from the bottom.
        Using a piece of tape...don't know how long it will last.
        I guess it will be for my use till it craps out again.

Comment

Tv I'm using as monitor now, did a shim 2 years ago, still going strong.

Comment

no such luck yet. As soon as I put on the bezel, problem is back.
            I've done lots of these with the CCFL lights and the stronger metal frame, but these flex too much.

Comment

Working...
            X