This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, my name is Eulogio and I live in Madrid Spain, and I am passionate about the world of electronics I hope to learn a lot in this forum, sorry for my bad English.
    Regards
    Eulogio

Comment

hello everyone, im peter from the uk
      Always learning - correct me if I'm wrong!!

Comment

Hello,

I'm here to learn about electronic i'm about 30 years old and that it :P

Comment

Hello I'm building a new bookshelf and found this site very helpful

Comment

Hello,
            IĀ“m an eletronics hobbiest from portugal and iĀ“m here to learn some more.

Comment

Hello,
              My name is Hector. I am from Canada. I like electronics but I landed in this forum when looking how to reset a lost Lenovo BIOS password.

Comment

It is really nice to be a member in the amazing forum.

I am from a small country with long connection Mediterranean Sea. My name is Samer, but love to be called Sam.

I graduated several years ago with BS degree in Computer. I have around 10 years with computer, but my experience is limited to installation software, troubleshooting hardware and software, configure residential routers.

I would like to join the hardware field and gain some experience with help from you smart geeks.

Comment

Buon giorno. Non so se questa e la sezione giusta per inserire il mio messaggio di presentazione nel forum, per cui faccio solo una prova ,se mi date conferma continuo con la presentazione, grazie

Comment

Ho notato con piacere che ĆØ comparso il mio riccoricco segno che ĆØ questa la sezione giusta. Bene sono un tecnico di vecchia data con esperienza su apparecchi audio/visivi quando si riparavano i televisori a valvole, poi sono subentrati gli ibridi che sono stati sostituiti egregiamente da semiconduttori quali transistori e in seguito processori fino ad arrivare a tutt'oggi con la rivoluzionaria tecnica digitale, mi ritrovo quindi ancora a intervenire su queste apparecchiature anche se sporadicamente, sono certo che in questo forum troverĆ² gli aiuti necessari all'occorrenza, grazie per avermi dato la possibilitĆ  di aderire,buon lavoro.

Comment

Hi there! I'm Dan from Italy , Sicily.

Since I was a child , dismantle my own toys was my prefered hobby.
                      Now I'm 33 and work as professional technichan for iRiparo in italy.

I wont to learn so much about motherboad level repairing and electronics.

So , thank you for this first post.

Comment

Hello all my name is William and I'm here to get some help with the alarming number of broken computers that I seem to have collected in the past few years

Comment

Hello, joined to get info on a TV Backlight that just quit working, If I mess up I'm sure I'll be posting soon!

Comment

Hi. Had to create a new account as unable to login on my original account.

Comment

Hello 👋

Comment

Hello together,

I am Dimitris, i am an IT technician and i like fixing all kind of stuff, from kids toys to laptops/PCs. Looking forward to learn more about electronics and help to repair various devices.

Comment

Hi!

I hate planned obsolescence but love technology, esp. computers!

Bye!

TNI

Comment

Electronics butter my croissant, and that is why I am here.
                                    In this forum I've found tons of information I couldn't find elsewhere and for that I am very very thankful, this is such an amazing community I love being a part of.
                                    Registered many moons ago but planning on being of more helpful to the community overall, and more participative. I just had no time until now with the thing that shall not be named.

As an introduction as to who am I, I'm a 29yo self-employed guy from Catalonia, mainly working on laptops and cars. I didn't know whether I should be an electronics technician or a mechanic, and ended up becoming both lol.
                                    Stated my passion about electronics with my dad, who sadly passed away when I was a little kid, but I still remember him fixing/modding his Yaesu transceivers or upgrading his big old IBM 5160 XT nearly every weekend.
                                    Started my journey as a regular tech when I was 15 years old, doing the typical stuff (upgrading/installing systems or applications to family members and friend's parents) and then moved to programming for a while (ASSM) for a local company.

That is until all that didn't satisfy me enough, and at 21 years old I decided I would start digging up the hardware side of things, something completely non-existent here at the time. I sinned in the past, by replacing motherboards for having a corroded via or a leaky capacitor, like any other shop would do. And then it hit me in the face when I replaced a nearly brand new 480$ board and decided to try and repair the old one just for fun. I could fix it in under 10 minutes and 2$ worth of parts. Sold it and returned the full 530$ bill to the customer out of regret and shame.

Unfortunately, because of the few shops around here (even nowadays) that are brave enough to tackle hardware, people don't really think they have a choice but to replace. No matter how many ads I post or how good I am at it. And then some who contact me, expect a capacitor overhaul for 20$ including labor, which is ridiculous.

And that's when I decided to start fixing cars as well, around 5 years ago. That way I can keep myself busy between both things and make a living out of it.

Aaaaand that about sums it up :3 Hi everybody!

Comment

hello everyone
                                      i new here, hope can learn something or see anything is new for me

i am jacky from china

Comment

Hi, I joined to see if I can get my tv fixed.

Comment

Hi my name is Frazer. I joined yesterday on this forum seeking assistance with graphic cards. I found this website filled with talented people and a best place to start.

Comment

Working...
                                          X