LG 55LB6000 flickering screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55LB6000 flickering screen

Got a Lg 55LB6000 in today.Screen was flickering and when removed back could see lamps were issue.Did a tear down and found the top two rows were not illuminating.Apparently they are 6 volt leds cool white.Got 1 shorted and 2 burnt out.Where is good source for these leds?Any one know specs on these leds?
    Last edited by sputnikoff; 10-21-2018, 08:03 PM.

Re: LG 55LB6000 flickering screen

There would be ID Nos. on the LED strips when you tear down the Panel.
    Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 10-22-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I get my leds from Ebay chinese sellers. Good prices and havent had any issues. Search for LG smd led

Comment

There are 3V and 6V LEDs. I think the LGs use the 6V SMD LEDs. I prefer however to replace all the strips with new ones as I don't like to goin a Panel more than once, especially those 55inchers

Comment

yes ordered 50 6 vdc lg leds.gonna order strips from shop jimmy just in case.
          Last edited by sputnikoff; 10-23-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

The thick lenses appear to use the 6V LEDs and the thinner lenses with 3 black dots use 3V LEDs. I did a full strip replacement on a 32" LG with the thicker lenses and popped off almost every lens since they were difficult to remove with the double sided tape.

Comment

That's right the thicker lens are the 6V and the thinner lens with the 3 dots are the 3V LEDs.

Comment

Off topic here I'm reluctant to do these led repairs due to even heating up the led strip which is stuck down they nearly all fall of so my question is which way do they go back on because many times I have put these back on and ended up with a halo effect on the screen

Comment

Originally posted by sordids999 View Post
                  Off topic here I'm reluctant to do these led repairs due to even heating up the led strip which is stuck down they nearly all fall of so my question is which way do they go back on because many times I have put these back on and ended up with a halo effect on the screen
                  You may get halos if the lens isnt perfectly centered, or not level or sitting too high. Can also be caused by the strip not sitting flat against the chassis. I scrape down the black nubs on the 3V lenses with an exacto knife before gluing down. Also better to swap repaired strips to the edges instead of middle of the screen if you can.
                  Last edited by neilc6; 10-24-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X