This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Greetings, first of all, english is not my first language, so you may fing my sentences strange at times. Someone just introduce me to this site and as long as i remember i've always spend times working on electronics, not always trying to repair it, reading forums, reviews, helping friends as much as i could. I think people sharing information is a must and a great way to learn. Pretty sure some of y'all seen it all. Pleasure to be here.

Comment

Hello everyone.

Comment

Would like to say hello and thank you for all your help.

Comment

My Name is Dov
          I Live in AZ

found this forum today in a net search due to a recently donated non working plasma TV

Comment

Hello nice to see you all and learn some new knowledge everyday.

Comment

Hello to all reading. My names Colin living in the UK and I started in eletronics, and dare I say it, in 1966 as an apprentice. I don't do this for a living any more but I still keep my hand in and stay resonably up to date with tech info.

Comment

Hello,
                After reading some of the other earlier introductions i feel like a moron. Joined to learn more about electronics and help some people out fix a few electronics on cars and wanted to make some basic circuits. I Live in London, UK.

Comment

Hello, New to this Forum - work mainly on TV repairs - so looking forward to helping and getting answers. Thanks

Comment

Hey this is Hoople92. First the sad news ... I actually have a degree in Electrical Engineering ('92), but I couldn't get a job as an EE (need experience, won't let me get the experience, you know the drill), but a buddy of mine got me into networking, where I've stayed for the last 20 years (pays the bills). This is sad in that it's been that long since I've held a multimeter or soldered anything, or even thought about caps, resistors, switches, etc. But my fascination of all things electrical has never stopped.

The good news is that I have a project that requires me to dig into this again, and happily I found this forum of cap-heads! And, I'll need all the help I can get as I retrain my head to circuit boards, etc, so I ask patience.

Comment

Hi everyone, and excuse my english
                      im Gio, 26, from Greece (sad to say "the country of knavery and sketchiness)
                      im brought to this forum through my need to finally fix an LG LCD Monitor. Im a hobbyist on electronics, and this forum is an oportunity to learn more about capacitors, identifying and fixing the error, giving further more the ability to fix everything that comes in my hands (hardware parts every type).
                      Since im from greece where customer service and repair centers luck of trusted and specialized staff, i assume this forum is a chance for me to learn not to be fooled, perfect a new talend and, who knows, earn some money later on

Proud to be a member of this new family,
                      Best regards

Comment

Hello there folks. I'm Dave. Kind of an oddball for this site. I am a scientist by formal education. Biochemistry. Before that a degree in engineering. Worked as a corporate marketer in the research chemistry sector before retiring. Have always loved electronics but have never had the time and / or drive. Into RC modelling for a number of years. Rarely reason to engage at the component level but I know my way around the basics. Have repaied a number of devices over the years. Not too shabby with a soldering iron. Current project is a monitor repair. Hope to learn what I can by being here.
                        Dave

Comment

hello my name is ruben. looking for help to fix tvs i find. i dont have that much experience with electronics but im very intrigue by them and learning how to repair them. i have knowledge of electricity as i work in the HVAC field. i know how to use a Voltmeter and cannot wait to learn. Thank you to all who take the time to help others learn and figure things out.

Comment

Just want to thank you for letting me into your forum. Glad to be with good folks with some of the same interest as I have. It will take me a little while to figure out the posting guidelines I suppose and to post and keep on topic, but I will certainly do my very best to make sure to follow everything respectively. I am sure the Admin will help me out if I post in the wrong place. Very best regards to each of you. Don

Comment

I am new. I posted an introduction in another thread so I suppose I was in the wrong place. My name is Don and I do computer repair. Glad to be around folks that enjoy some of the same things as I do. Very best regards to each of you.

Comment

Greetings and thanks for allowing me to be a forum member. I am retired after years of working with military avionics but still enjoy repairing computers and other electronics. I have already found this forum to contain much useful information and know I will learn much from being a member.

Comment

Hello all. I'm a nerd with a broken telly - i can't help suspect I am in good company here ;-) Looking forward to talk to you all and contributing if i can!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                    Just wanted to say thank you for all the help and advice received from these forums. Definitely one of the best resources on the net

Thanks

Comment

hello my name is Chris,regards to all very useful forum.

Comment

Hi my name is Alex,my main skills are repairing vehicle ecu,s and remapping ecu,s,get collared into the electronics when the familys tv,s etc break down

Comment

hi im new here, my name is will, i was a mechanic by trade but now ive been working on doing console reballs and general electronics, am trying to learn component level diagnosing on things like t.v's plasma,lcd etc, this is great forum with lots of information and am hoping to learn

Comment

Working...
                                          X