i am Neel , from canada
    saying HELLO....all team and experts

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey guys, glad to join the club!

Comment

Hello,
        Another IT guy, here, work in the Security and Abuse dept for the 8th largest cable company. I know nothing about electronics, well very little. A search for my aging LG 50PA U6500 and picture quality problems brought me here.
        Thank you!
        Ash

Comment

Hello!
          I look forward to working together. I'm coming from Croatia. CHEERS

Comment

Hi everyone I'm Ed,
            I've been in the AV industry for 20+ years. I found your forum today, because my TV stopped working last night. Looks like several members here have had the same problem as me.
            Thanks for posting your solutions.

Ed

Comment

Hi Thanks for welcoming me to this great opportunity to share knowledge with the community.

Comment

Hi everyone I'm Frantisek, I'm just ordinary user.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Just wanted to say hi really quick.

I started out in the copier repair area after technical school (1994) and as those copiers became more and more connect to computers, I decided I liked the computer side better. Then I eventually started my own PC repair business and I never really liked working on CRTs back in the day, but I don't mind looking at LCDs and TVs, more as a favor to existing computer customers.

Thanks for listening!

Comment

Hello

My name is Susan but since the age of 5 everyone calls me Stormy. I live in California Silicon Valley. I am a self taught computer user since 1992, both Mac and PC. My father was an engineer in the Navy and telephone company and I used to go to him with anything electrical or broken. I came here in the hopes of picking your smart brains in helping me test the boards in my LG TV. to figure out which one to replace Doesn't that sound fun? lol
                      Stormy

Comment

Hello, I am having a problem with my DELL L322x Laptop, which failed on Video Testing. hope to find some advise on this. Cheers

Comment

Hi folks,

just a quick hello to get my first post.

I'm a software guy and not done much electronics although I've taken apart (and sometimes put back together) plenty of bits of hardware over the years.
                          I'm primarily here because I've got a water damaged Mac Book Pro logic board that I want to fix.

First stop is cleaning it in isopropyl alcohol and if that doesn't work then I'm going to try and get a schematic and board view for it. I've got not experience with schematics or board views, nor with doing repairs of such small and delicate electronics but figure it's broken anyway so might as well take a look.
                          Anyway, I figured here was a good place to get some help!

I'm also interested in learning more about electronics and generally messing about with them

Comment

Hi I'm new to the forum it looks good from what I've seen and I'll be asking a lot questions.

Regards John

Comment

Hello I am new to this forum and am learning a lot from it ....thanks to the truthfull efforts of its creators.

Comment

My involvement with electronics began with the Tandy Trs-80 and Commodore 64 and a few courses of Pascal. My interest began as a hobby and I turned it into an electronics repair firm for about 10 years. I diversified to survive. I repaired or built computer systems from 8086 up to Pentiums, TV, Satellite receivers (Cband), Audio/Visual, Transceivers, Farm and Ranch electronics, Vcrs, Dvd players and setup small Lans. When consumer electronics became more disposable I developed a niche with Retail business, Government and Educational organizations. I still am involved with electronics repair by repairing my own equipment and those of my family. Overall I am still challenged by the development of electronics and am looking forward to getting back up to date with sources such as your forum. Hopefully I can contribute something in return...

Comment

Howdy.....this is rlangtex and I'm a soil scientist.....not even remotely related to electronics! But......I am a bigtime DIY person and just hate to just junk anything that I may be able to fix and learn from. I was directed to this forum by shopjimmy and it sounded like an awesome resource and place to get alittle education and counsel.

Comment

Hi folks, glad i found this forum, looks very informative, thanks

Comment

hoping to fint the information that i require to fix my tv, hopefully some of the gurus in here will be able to help me with my endevours

Comment

Hello everyone! Hopefully I can help someone as well as be helped on some issues.

Comment

Hello everyone. I found this site while looking for a replacement power supply for a KVM i recently acquired. Looking to take my first step into replacing some busted Caps. Wish me luck

Comment

Working...
                                          X