X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone,

I'm here to learn how to fix my old electronic devices without getting shocked in the process.

Can't wait to get started!

Comment

Hi everyone, was watching youtube for some tv repairs, and buddy referred badcaps and I sure am glad he did.Can't believe I never ran across this site before.Thankyou youtube and badcaps..

Comment

Hey everybody. I like TRYING to fix old junk because I'm way too cheap to buy new junk. This forum seems like just the kinda place to help me do that.

Comment

Hi guys,

I 'm a 33 yrs. old who studied A+ N+ CCNA electronics since 10 years and worked in that sector for a global firm. Also had experienced in SMD component placement machine and Q.C for same.

Eager to lean Laptop repair chip level (Already brought my Heat station, Soldering Iron, Multimeter and Magnifier).

Have some stuff to share and learn here – Let's enjoy the ride together.

Comment

Hi to all from Perth Western Australia.

Here to share and learn, fixing things is most satisfying.
            I work with a lot of old 'legacy' gear, and take pride in keeping it going for as long as possible

Comment

OK, I finally made it here.

I have been involved in the PC industry for some years. Hardware mostly and in the process became exposed to the electronic side of things. Admittedly, radios and TV's have always kind of interested me, as have machinery of the mechanical type. As a hobby I make things mechanical - in miniature but on the electronic side I lack some experience, knowledge and of course, parts...

The internet is a place where just about everything is accessible albeit at a price but what the heck, when you need it you need it.

So here I am, old and grey but with a willing disposition - quite likely to become a source of acute questions from time to time.

And by the way, I like the humor in most of the posts. I can liberally contribute some of my own when tickled in the right places.

Nico

Comment

Hi everyone from Spain. My name is Karmele, I hope to learn from all the masters that help persons around here.
                Thanks.

Comment

Greetings from Slovenia! Hopefully i'll get some additional sollutions from members of this forum and of course share my knowledge with them.

Comment

Greetings!

Long time electronics dabbler, signing up for an account so I can view photos attached to posts. I'm not much of an electronics engineer (2yrs of EE in college /w D grade average; went back to CS), but I'm no stranger to a soldering iron or simple component testing & replacement. Heck, I was taking things apart as soon as I was old enough to hold a screwdriver. I've successfully made simple repairs on everything from portable cassette players to microwaves, TVs (even older CRTs), computers, automotive electronics, etc, for well over 25 years now.

Current projects are a Visio E421VA TV and an Olevia 437-S11 TV.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello, I'm Ian and I'm from the south east of the UK.
                      I'm a complete novice when it comes to electronics, I'm far more at home with mechanical devices. I just like to be able to fix my own stuff and my TV is broke. I've managed to get to a certain point but now I need some help. After a whole day searching the Internet, I decided that this looks like the best place to be.

Comment

I'm a new member, Gord from Calgary AB, Canada. Formerly a telephone tech, somewhat retired and always interested in electronics. Thank you all for the opportunity to be part
                        of your group. I'm not sure what I can contribute, but who knows what the future holds.

Gord

Comment

New user here. I'm fairly new to electronics, but I do have basic soldering skills. I'm currently trying to fix a broken TV that a friend had discarded. It's been a great learning experience so far, and I'm glad to have found these forums. There are some very knowledgeable folks around here. Hopefully I'll be able to pay forward any help I receive here.

Cheers,
                          Poab

Comment

Hi friends,

I'm from Brazil-Paraná. Guess ill introduce myself. Ive been fixing laptops and monitors for a little while with varying degrees of success. It's been a fun little hobby that helps make a little money sometimes too xD

Cheers,
                            Luiz

Comment

Hello again! I have been away from BadCaps Forum for several years, and much has changed, so I thought a re-introduction might be in order.

After 25 years at the same job, I was not re-hired after a third buyout, and became an unemployed electronics tech at that point. Since then, I have I have built a reflow soldering and rework bench, and have been doing free-lance prototyping and assembly work. I designed and built a device (LED Light controller for outdoor lights.) that is being sold by a local company to customers across the US. I have built and supplied a few thousand of those. I have also been doing some engineering work for another local electronics company, and am working on some products of my own design too.

My life has changed significantly in the 3 years since I have been active on here. But things have finally stabilized to the point that I can return, and hopefully share some of my experience. So to old friends on here such as BudM and Tom66, and everyone else too, Hello again!!

Comment

Hi everyone, Just found your forum when looking for help to fix a broken tv. Looks an excellent place to be..

Comment

Thanks for the add. I work on cars(mostly muscle cars) HD motorcycles, Mac computers and most things electrical/mechanical. Always good to have more resources, some one else has run into the same problems and solved it already!

Comment

Seems an introduction is in order :-) My name is Rod, and I run a website for DIY hi-fi and audio in general, plus many other topics. This includes power supplies of course, and I found this forum looking for info on counterfeit 'Hitachi' caps.

Located in Sydney, Australia.

Cheers, Rod

Comment

Hi folks my name is Jayme. I'm here to see if I can get answers on what might be wrong with my TV and help on fixing it. Thank you for the platform to seek help. Thanks.

Comment

new in here.

Comment

I'm here to try and troubleshoot a laptop but nothing on this forum seems to be working...

Comment

Working...
                                          X