This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi All my name is Chris and i live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I have a B.Sci in geoscience and environment, and I have been getting interested in Green technologies, Solar and battery energy to use in the evening instead of using fossil fuels, not to mention lining the Retail power companies pockets!

I need some help with trouble shooting a 2nd hand 48V battery charger that I purchased on eBay. I will post a new thread once administrators allow it. Under the title "Trouble shooting Help - 48V battery charger" (Hopefully the title isn't too long).

Anyway best regards to all and I hope I can offer my help in return.

Cheers Chris

Comment

Hi all,

i found this forum when googling how to repair my LG 50LN5400 with defective backlight. I hope I finally succeed ;-).

Regards,
      David

Comment

Приветствую всех с уважением.

Comment

Hello everybody! My name's Nick, posting for the first time in the forum, and I want to thank the community for all the great informations shared on the site. I hope I'll be able to put my electronic knowledge to good use in the future to give you something in return for all the help I got in the past.

Comment

Howdo.
            I've been searching for a possible solution to a monitor issue for quite sometime now.
            2 LG monitors that do not power on.
            Power switchs that do not activate with a blue light.
            Both are model LG Flatron W2442PA.
            This search brought me to a post on your forum that is similar to my issue so I thought I'd check it out.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31458

Very disappointed in LG and certainly didn't expect both mointors to fail at about the same time.

From my researching it appears that this is a very common problem with monitors and many flat screens in general.
            Most likely from LG and other manufacturers using cheap capacitors.
            If I get amibitious, I might have a go at tearing the monitors apart and see what's what.
            This would mean possibly investing in a soldering kit

Not being keen on electrocution, I may query the forum for suggestsions.
            Thanks!

Comment

Hi
              Van here and i'll have to repair an old Samsung 244T. I saw that there was some threads there with pictures for properly dissassemble it so here i am.
              Thanks to all contributing members.

Comment

Hi my name is Mladen and i live in Bijeljina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
                my interest is servicing laptops and computers
                internetpharmacydir.com

Comment

Hi, hobbyist tech here. Atinder. Live in cali. Came accross this website looking for some schematics and now figuring out how to open these board files. Hi to everybody

Comment

Firs posting here , just trying to get a fix on a Samsung TV.

Comment

I'm just a hobbyist with "the knack" looking for a solution to an LG plasma. Found my answer here and the knowledge base here seems very deep. I don't know why it took me so long to find this place!

Comment

Helllooo All. ramondo is 70, Sgt USMC 65/69,retired tv service tech from Youngstown Ohio USA. Last worked on XL100's
                        He now lives with wife and is tinkering with everything. I hope I can find the answers to EVERYTHING hear (sic). I have not been on any forum before and DID find it hard to post my first post(need more definite directions). Thanks to those willing to take the time to help a SLOW learner.

So, first question,, Is there a database of eeprom bins to download or upload to??
                        Thanks to all for being__WAR_KITTENS____!

Comment

Not sure what's worse than a newbie but that would be me. However, with that said, I am not afraid to ask questions that may seem "dumb" but when it comes to electronics, I ask them because I really want to learn on my own with the help of others. I've always been amazed by circuit boards and how they function. I have read a few threads so far and find it a little confusing at times but that's the process of learning new things. Thank you to every single one of you that posts questions and answer questions, this is an amazing site with a huge database of answers to our TV questions!!!!

Comment

Hi, my first post here. I hope that find here good information !

Comment

with full sense of humility, i am muib 400l engineering student, i am lucky to be here coz am an hungry learner.

Comment

Hello from Exmouth in Devon, United Kingdom.

I found this site when Googling repairs for me TV power supply and although it's helped a bit, it's still not working so I'm back for more information.

Hopefully at some point I'll be able to contribute some of my own knowledge on electronics, woodworking, metal working, programming, etc.

Comment

Hello! My TV packed up, and after a bit of troubleshooting all searches which resulted in any useful information ended up here. So here I am to join in the fun!

Comment

Hello guys, I am Max from the netherlands. I'm 19 years old and I study Maritime Officer on the isle of Terschelling. I like technics and science and I really like to learn something about circuits as my tv broke down.
                                    I hope after this post that you are willing to help me with my tv and teach me something new about electric circuits.

Cheers!

Max.

Comment

Just jumping in so I can start a new thread. Tried piggy backing off a similar thread but they weren't having any off it

Comment

Same as above Hi All....

Comment

Hi all. I'm Sarah,I found this site whilst trying to repair my Tv. I'm from Dorset.

Comment

Working...
                                          X