X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Welcome all.

I have a 55zv650u, narrowed down a few components to replace as it's not turning on.

Looking for:

str y6456 9502A
    RGDU5M-5E 1.8 ohm J

It should fix the problem. Any help in where to find these parts would be great

Comment

Hello all,

I am a science teacher who have almost zero knowledge in technical skill about electronic. This forum will be my first step to learn about that and as a future reference to diy repair.

thna

Comment

Hey this is Brad in SinCity, somewhat technical but in music not in TV repair. Thought I'd try to teach an old dog new tricks, so I will need a lot of Bones thrown... let me say thanks ahead of time

Comment

Hello,
          I know enough about electronics to fix simple issues but am looking to learn more. I've lurked on this forum for a while and figured it was time to join. I mostly work on computers, phones and tablets but will try to fix just about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            HMMM Well... OK... For the record, my first system was back in 1985, being a Commodore-64 with the kick-ass 1541 5.25 floppy drive set up on an ancient 19" tube-type color TV... Now that was the kitty cat's meow back then!! DOS nothin!! That system had 64k RAM, runnin BASIC!! Didn't cut my teeth on a DOS-based machine till 1988, that was a Tandy EX-1000... WOOHOO!! My first homebuilt was back in 1994, being a Pentium 90 (overclocked to 100) with 64MB RAM and a 170MB EIDE HDD, a 4x Mitsumi CD drive, a Hercules 1MB video card, and an SB16... YEAH BABY!!
            Hi am Rab from dunfermline i had one two with the awesome half meg upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Rabwill View Post
              Hi am Rab from dunfermline i had one two with the awesome half meg upgrade
              soz was thinking of amiga

Comment

Hi everyone I'm lee this site looks very intresting trying to repair a Toshiba 24d1434db tv I think it maybe a firmware problem hopefully someone can help me

Comment

Hey y'all, long time (and I mean ANCIENT) user, first time poster. Thanks for the forums and wealth of knowledge here. I've been an electronics type for many many years and keep current with technologies, up to and including Internet of Things items, LASER cutters, and 3D printing. I wish we had all this stuff when I was younger, I can only imagine what I'd have done :-)

Anyway, thanks for having me!

--Henry

Comment

Hey guys I'm Jayme. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my Samsung 58" plasma PN58C550G1F when I plug it in it clicks and blinks a slow blink with a clicking sound. If I unplug the logic board I can hear the sound. But otherwise no sound and no picture. Please help. I'm new here so I hope this gets to someone.

Comment

Hello I am new to the forum but no stranger to electronics.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Well Hello! My name is Gabriel you all can call me Gundulf.
                          I am from Puerto Rico USA. I studied computers and electronics( a while ago haha!)
                          I am a handyman for a living. I am very DIY oriented to the point i've learned from cooking, mechanic, 3d printing, sewing, gardening and so many other stuff by the wonders of the internet and gracious teachers all over the world. While i can mostly figure out mechanical stuff, electronics are always a lil tad more harder on me. So ill be counting on you'all Thanks and any questions feel free to ask.

Comment

Hello from Texas! I am HORRIBLE when it comes to electronics and I am trying hard to keep up with technology but falling behind. I am hoping I can find the answers to my issues on this site, starting with a TV color issue.

Comment

Hi, my name is Tim but go under the user name of Librian 1969, I live in Australia. I'm a qualified electrician with post trade qualifications in industrial electronics. I turn to the internet on a regular basis as a resource when chasing information on electronic repair. That's how I came across this site. Looking forward to picking the brains of members when the need arises. Thanks for having me on board. Cheers!

Comment

Hello, I have registered in the forum to learn a little more and share experiences and opinions.

I have been working as an electronics and computer technician for over 20 years, so I have seen a great evolution in this time.

I am Spanish, so I use a translator to write, you will have to forgive me if I miss any spelling.

A greeting.

Comment

Hello, I'm Alfredo. Sorry for my English, I learning English. I live in Italy.
                                  In spare time, I like to repair tv, monitor and electronic device.

Comment

Hello. I'm Tom and I spelt my username wrong.

I like to (try and) fix broken things as I find it depressing seeing what gets thrown out and into landfill. However my electronic fixing skills are limited, and I have accumluated a pile of half/none working electrical items.

Most searches for information in some way lead back to here, so I thought I'd sign up

EDIT: Yeah, so I've already posted in this thread when I originally signed up. Sorry!
                                    Last edited by VujeDe; 11-15-2016, 09:07 AM. Reason: Stupidity.

Comment

Here looking for some answers on a faulty panasonic plasma.

Comment

Hi. I'm a recent grad who picked up a giant tv by my apartment dumpster. One man's trash is another's treasure, right?

Well, it's power supply is busted. But I've got a multimeter and effort to spare to try to fix it, so here I am!

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Working...
                                          X