X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi!
    I'm an informatic engineer. I love electronics and I work in this area. My knowledge is limited, so I'd like to have some info about monitor repairing.

Comment

Hi, my name is Mateusz and I'm an owner of a broken plasma TV which probably can be fixed but I don't know how.

Comment

Hi all
        My name is Dulo, i am new to the forum .
        Nice to be here!

Comment

Veloleo here: I'm new to the BadCaps site. I found it while trying to troubleshoot my PN64F8500XFXZA Samsung Plasma TV. I bought it about 3 years ago and it ran successfully for a year and a half. Then intermittent turning on. Calls to Samsung Support informed me that no support was possible. After many hours on youtube. I got my screwdriver out and took the back off to try to find out what was failed. Ultimately, I discovered my Vs and Va voltages would not stay initiated. Flashed on but then off and bled down to zero volts. The Logic board was active with a solid 15.5 VDc and 5.3 VDc supply and a slowly blinking LED. Instructed by Youtube I removed the ribbon cable from the logic board to the Y Sustain board and powered up the TV. I measured Vs voltage to be 211 Volts, and Va voltage to be 57.5 volts. Power supply is ok. Y Sustain board is bad. Help!

Comment

hello new here

Comment

Hi All.

Long time tinkerer, here, and have always been able to repair most things electronic/mechanical, many times with a bit of logic, experience and good old fashioned luck.

I'm a loather of repairs where you just replace a board. Really puts a damper (i.e. $$$) on repairing things. Unfortunately, that seems to be the way most things are, now, and probably with the current problem that led me to this forum.

Comment

Hi I'm alvin new member

I'm a laptop technician

I'm glad I'm glad

Comment

hello world.

new guy here, stumbled across this website.

love the website name! very cool. looking to learn a thing or two about component level.

As must people I have a TV on the blink and would be very grateful.

thank you

snoogy

Comment

Hello my name Is Luke I have problem with power supply on my TV (It woudnt power on) i need help with it Thanks

Comment

Hi,

My name is tom and I love to take electronics apart to see how it all works. Just so relaxing! Anyways hope I can find some useful info on this forum as from what I have seen there is some fantastic users on here.

Thanks again for letting me join.

Tom from Calgary, AB Canada

Comment

Hello

I'm Larry and I usually build UAVs but today I'm trying to fix two flat screen TVs.

I retired from farming a few years ago and now I do whatever I like to. I like to fix and build stuff.

Minnesota.

Comment

Hi all, my name is steve from england, just hoping to get some help fixing my TV.

Comment

Hi

I have a computer and mobile repair shop and want to get into electronics repair TV etc
                            Looking forward to learning and helping where i can

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Steven from Toronto, Canada. I work as an IT Systems Administrator. I have lots of experience with computers. I started learning about computers with a Sinclair ZX Spectrum and Basic language. I have a Bachelors degree in Computer Hardware Engineering. Nowadays I do all kinds of stuff from websites, databases, BI reporting, troubleshooting servers and networking devices, etc.

I have a problem with a 28 monitor at home, which turns off a few seconds after I turn it on, and it does that around 3 times, but eventually it stays on after that. I heard that some capacitors maybe dying. That's how I found this forum and I hope I can get some help with that.
                              Thanks, and all the best!
                              Steven

Comment

So ..... I am the teck at a plumbing HVAC company. I keep all the electronics humming. No formal education to speak of. I am self taught. i have three algorithms that the feds are interested in purchasing at this time. however they are short of the green to get it done. I build and install custom ground sensors (geo sensor)and and surveillance, in my spare time. Love all things new gack is my thing.

Tucson Arizona
                                Age 42 act like I am 18 (so says wife)
                                gamer when I can
                                wicked good with soldering iron

ok I guess that covers it.
                                thanks for the ability to further my education through the wisdom of others.

Comment

Hello, i am Florin from Romania, i have 32, i am a beginer in electronics it s not my regular job, it s a hobby that take me almost all my time, at least my wife keep saying that; i need some help from you, i am trying to fix a tv stby led issue on my tv philips 42pfl3605/12
                                  thanks for accepted me in your comunity, i know that i ll be smarter in the near future!!!

Comment

HELLO ,I am ananth from INDIA, i have 36 ,i have a mobile software and tv repairing shop,Looking forward to learning and helping to others

Comment

Hi, I'm Sorin. Badcaps.net forum is great.

Comment

hello people!
                                        just got a 7x-45x microscope ....wish i had it 10 years ago..

Comment

Hi, Priyantha here from the Netherlands.
                                          Was searching for some background information about my television because I am trying to debug some stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                          X