This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello I am new to this board. I am an computer technician and I am occassionally need to things, the latest thing is a macbook pro.

Comment

Found this forum from a post relating to a specific problem I am having but I am looking forward to learning all there is to offer. I have moderate technical ability mostly with automotive DC systems. I hope to start saving my components instead of throwing them away!

Comment

Hello. Name is Brian from west virginia. I do electronics repair on the side. Just here to learn a few things and research.

Comment

Hello. I am a tinkerer in FL looking for help with TV repair.

Comment

Hi, I'm a software guy who messes with hardware but don't really know much other than rudimentary principles. I do, however, have a son in the USAF who has been trained in some degree of component-level repair, and "I know a guy" (or two) who does component-level repair. So, if I can figure out the questions, narrow down the field of inquiry, every now and then I can have a success on what otherwise would be a lost cause.

I do generally build my own PC's and have been doing so for a couple decades, though I don't claim any advanced expertise, and simply try to research things that are known to work well together and avoid issues.

My one claim to any degree of electronics "knowledge" is that I can spot bad capacitors on PC motherboards.

I'm dabbling in laptops, and somehow managed to fix my HP M601035DX that had overheating issues, and then replaced a CPU and a palmrest & touchpad in a couple Dell laptops. I was struck by how positively awful the HP laptop was to work on, and in contrast, how straightforward the Dells were. Somehow my HP fix worked after I put it all back together. HPs are just wacky inside. The Dell fixes were successful and fairly fast. Except not the current project...

I'm currently working on a Dell 7537 laptop that won't power on, and it seems it has to be either the power switch or the motherboard. I have the MB out, was googling part numbers (KJ7NX being the one that led me here, and also 12311-2 and DOH50) and ran across PDFs of the schematic for the MB on this model. So I signed up to be able to actually see it.

If anyone just randomly happens to know about won't-power-on issues with Dell 7537 laptops, and what likely MB causes are, if any can be repaired, I'd be all ears. I've ruled out all the usual suspects; the laptops charging LED comes on, but nothing from pressing the power button. I have the motherboard out and in front of me now as I type; first I'll order a new power button, the $5 part, in case that happens to fix it. If that doesn't fix it, and I don't expect it will, then time to either get a new MB and/or attempt to fix the current one if possible.

Comment

Hi everyone!
              I'm glad to meet You Guys. I study in an electicity school in my city. I've done some amateur PC, laptop, dvd and other stuff repairs, but i get here due to my TV faulty.
              Also i am fond of DIY, and now i work on portable bluetooth speaker (it is going to have 2x15W RMS two way drivers and passive radiators )
              Thank You for help and support you gave others (and by the way me)!

Comment

Hello! may ask a question some day...

Comment

Bonjourno my name's Garry
                  I'm useless at soldering I have no man skills.
                  Having trouble with a vessel believe it or not haha.
                  I'm here for advice
                  Thanks

Comment

Hello members. This looks like a great forum. I can't believe it has been around since 2003 and I have not seen it yet. I am a DIY repair guy and around my place there are plenty of things that have needed to be fixed. I have a EE degree so I am very familiar with electronics but often it is hard to find schematics. I hate the thought of trashing something electronic when I know that the cause of the trouble is probably a $1 part. I'm currently searching for info on my Insignia 32in TV that powers off when it feels like it.

Comment

Hello all. I need to repair my I-Inc hsg1040 monitor. I have used the forum in the past and managed to repair a LCD TV with help from forum members.

So wish me luck!

Mike

Comment

Found this site while researching an LG TV that won't fully power on.

I started out in digital electronics, then moved to software. As a hobby I still build some stuff occasionally and attempt the odd repair.

Though repairing seems to be getting harder and harder as it is difficult to find schematics or parts, as other folks have posted. It usually doesn't make sense to replace a main board on a 5-10 year old unit. Now for the challenge I will attempt to find a bad component on a board. But again finding the needed info and parts is difficult.

Comment

Hi,
                          I'm here trying to find solutions to my TV. I'm a non-tech person trying to learn how not to replace everything whenever a problem arises. Hopefully I can get my problem fixed.

Comment

My intro, In my 60's and this is my first forum so please be patient with me. I have an AAS in Electronic Tech(1974). I'm currently almost ready to retire with plans to supplement my lack of income with repairs of any sort. Just start to repair some newer plasma and led tv's. Looking to this forum for occasional help. Thanks for being here!

Comment

Greetings! I created an account on BadCaps to solve a problem with my Panasonic G20 series TV. I have some experience with embedded electronics and hope with the assistance of folks on this forum, that I may just be able to bring the G20 back to life.

Comment

Greetings from Poland! I am happy I have found this forum as it is really friendly and productive and you guys, have in-depth knowledge and experience, which I am looking for.

Comment

Hello to this awesome community, hope to solve my mobo to get back to life :')

regardz,

AGmR from Cairo

Comment

Hello my name is Ron been messing with component systems for years hope this site will help me with some issues I have with a Yamaha amp kicking my butt right now.

Comment

Hey Everyone, Just a quick hello. I'm a 1997 graduate from a local technical college and have worked i the industry every since. I'm glad to be a part of this community and am willing to share any information I can to help those in need.

Comment

BTW I'm having an issue with a Sanyo (DP39E63) that has me stumped. The unit originally had backlight, and sound but no picture. I replaced two caps that had some discoloration (not bowed) but now all I get is a quick flash of backlight upon initialization (then none) with still no picture and now no sound. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi everybody. Just decided to try and fix my old TV for cheap even though the Black Friday deals this year were ridiculous for a new TV. I'll post a new thread in the appropriate place with my issue for assistance. Thanks again for the welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                          X